Joe Pa fired

UNT90

So they promote a guy who's been coaching alongside side JoePa for 33 years??? What the hell kind of sense does that make? Anyone on that coaching staff that was there during the Sandusky years should be canned now if they're going to drop the hammer on Joe now. Total failure continues from the PSU higher ups.

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Good for them. There's still more house cleaning that needs to be done but it was important to at least off the head of the snake before the next game.

So, you cut off the hydra's head and expect it to not grow back? The guy they promoted coached with Joe at PSU for 33 years. Next week, the media will be digging into what he knew and drilling him with questions. They're not just dropping fuel on the fire, they're dropping barrels of dynamite. i think it was a bad move to do it now, but I'm probably in the minority...

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Downvote 2

So they promote a guy who's been coaching alongside side JoePa for 33 years??? What the hell kind of sense does that make?.

Tom Bradley wasn't promoted. He's only been named the interim coach. I have no doubt that his entire staff will be shown the door after the season to avoid the chance anyone can be asked what they knew about Sandusky's crimes.

Edited by rcade

Promoted was the wrong word to use, I guess.

I hope every coach who was there during Sandusky's tenure is shown the door at the end of this year.

Me too. I never would have thought Joe Freakin' Paterno could leave a legacy at Penn State that required everything he left behind to be thrown out. Stunning news, but a well-deserved fate.

Exactly. They want to grandstand and fire JoPA when in the very next breath they admit they don't know all of the facts yet. If they want to go this route, then they need to go ahead and fire themselves too. The whole thing tonight has the stench of a PR move, not giving a damn about doing the right thing.

On another level of sorriness, I wouldn't be suprised if a few of them used this as an excuse to finally get rid of Paterno.

• Upvote 1

I hope every coach who was there during Sandusky's tenure is shown the door at the end of this year.

They will be. It wouldn't be fair to the innocent players to do so now with 3 games and a bowl left. Firing the legend that is Joe Pa speaks volumes in itself, the rest of the heads will roll when the games are over.

Exactly. They want to grandstand and fire JoPA when in the very next breath they admit they don't know all of the facts yet. If they want to go this route, then they need to go ahead and fire themselves too. The whole thing tonight has the stench of a PR move, not giving a damn about doing the right thing.

On another level of sorriness, I wouldn't be suprised if a few of them used this as an excuse to finally get rid of Paterno.

I find it impossible to believe the BOT wasn't aware of any of these incidents....

The Board has an obligation to serve the best interests of the University. And the Joe Paterno situation was quickly snowballing out of control causing a lot of damage to the University's image.

Paterno had to go, sad as it is.

So does that include turning a blind eye in 1998?

McWimpy should be next. He does absolutely nothing to stop a shower room rape of a child, yet he still gets to draw a nice six figure salary on the sidelines as WR coach against Nebraska this weekend. Hope they find a way to charge that self-serving butt kisser, and that he gets to witness a shower room rape of his own in the bathroom mirror. He waited too many years to deserve any sympathy.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

---Likely all of the coaches will be released or at least the ones that have been there a while... Paterno was a gutless wonder and would not do what was right... If he had the kids that have been abused since he learned of it would not have been abused. That is the ultimate tragedy, Watching him on TV he seems clueless about what he just did..

---I once disliked him in his early years because of his constant complaining,(I am 60+) later I respected him because he didn't seem to "coddle' athletes and expected them to be students. This changes everything.. On TV it has appeared to me that he should have been gone a long time ago... it is not all about age BUT ... Bowden at FSU still seemed capable but J.P. has looked rather clueless for quite a while. I can't imagine anyone of character allowing this happen unless he was 'soft in the head". .

---The students (people) protesting at PSU need to think about what just happened to those kids and why it happened.... no action by those who knew...... gutless and no character.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1