Weather outlook improving

eulessismore

Here's the weather site y'all need to be watching. No need to get in a panic over exaggerated chances for rain or overly generalized forecasts, this gives it by the hour, and at 3 days out, we're getting into a time frame where forecasts have some chance of being accurate:

Weather Underground Saturday forecast

And for those of you who weren't attending the FAU game at Apogee, here's what was happening; not much before the game was over (can you really believe what Vito was saying about weather being all that much of a factor?):

Weather during FAU game

Oh, and here's the Denton page for the Weather Underground site; check it out for yourself and see if it doesn't beat getting your weather information from a sportswriter or anyone less informed than you will be:

Weather Underground for Denton

I'm just hoping to avoid having to read all that about weather being a prime reason for folks not to show up at Apogee, unless maybe it provided a convenient excuse for sitting in front of a TV at home watching the Rangers. Does anyone remember what the conditions were like when a pretty large and loud crowd showed up at Fouts to watch us play Ohio during a monsoon?

Edited by eulessismore

Since I survived the 60's, I get a little nervous when I see the Weather Underground mentioned. For those of you who are not old enough, I believe the Weather Underground in the 60's was a terror cell of some sort.

Here's the weather site y'all need to be watching. No need to get in a panic over exaggerated chances for rain or overly generalized forecasts, this gives it by the hour, and at 3 days out, we're getting into a time frame where forecasts have some chance of being accurate:

Weather Underground Saturday forecast

And for those of you who weren't attending the FAU game at Apogee, here's what was happening; not much before the game was over (can you really believe what Vito was saying about weather being all that much of a factor?):

Weather during FAU game

Oh, and here's the Denton page for the Weather Underground site; check it out for yourself and see if it doesn't beat getting your weather information from a sportswriter or anyone less informed than you will be:

Weather Underground for Denton

I'm just hoping to avoid having to read all that about weather being a prime reason for folks not to show up at Apogee, unless maybe it provided a convenient excuse for sitting in front of a TV at home watching the Rangers. Does anyone remember what the conditions were like when a pretty large and loud crowd showed up at Fouts to watch us play Ohio during a monsoon?

Hey, sorry to reply to my own post but, a couple of things:

1. "The" Weather Underground was a radical movement that in the late 60's and early 70's was active in attempts to overthrow the U.S. Government by force. Since I was in the U.S. Army at one time, I took an oath (still in effect, as far as I know) never to engage in such activities. On the other hand "the" Weather Underground" is a site that came online in the early 90's, and remains active in getting more and better weather forecasting out to Internet users. I suppose it's ironic that they do so by selling advertising, or charging fees for those want it advertising free.

2. Things are now starting to look more favorable for rain at game time, but on a positive note, it gets more likely later in the evening, making the kickoff time change look better than it may have previously.

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 1