NT Daily - Apogee Needs Bigger Crowds

MeanGreen61

I liked the article and thought that it pretty well laid the cards on the table. Perhaps a little more mention that attendance could be a factor in realignment but otherwise the writer made good points.

Student attendance is sorely needed if NT is to advance their cause and schedule teams that are familiar to the student body and Denton townspeople.

Student support was there in the opener and I thought that we looked like a first-class university. It waned a little in the second game against a name opponent and I began to worry. Last week was pathetic. The band alone took about a third of the space of the students that were present. Two thousand non-band students in attendance would be a generous figure. That has to be the lowest percentage of students attending than any major university in Texas.

I wish that I had the answer for what can be done to instill school spirit but NT Daily articles such as this can't hurt. It's one of the steps and I hope that it continues.

• Upvote 3