Can't Geaux to the Game?

UNT 90 Grad

This is a big game this weekend! I'm preaching to the choir, but if North Texas wins, we'd be just a half game out of first in the Belt. If you can't go to Lafayette, don't sit at home alone watching the game on your computer.

We'll once again have the feed showing on the big TV at Rudy's in Allen. Grant.UNT will be our host. Come watch with fellow Mean Green fans! We'll start things up at 3:30pm. Kickoff is at 4. Rudy's is offering our Mean Green drink special again which includes $2 PBR pints and Natty Lights.

Get there early for good seats. The room filled up for the Tulsa game and bled over into the next room.

So who's coming???

• Upvote 1

This is a big game this weekend! I'm preaching to the choir, but if North Texas wins, we'd be just a half game out of first in the Belt. If you can't go to Lafayette, don't sit at home alone watching the game on your computer.

We'll once again have the feed showing on the big TV at Rudy's in Allen. Grant.UNT will be our host. Come watch with fellow Mean Green fans! We'll start things up at 3:30pm. Kickoff is at 4. Rudy's is offering our Mean Green drink special again which includes $2 PBR pints and Natty Lights.

Get there early for good seats. The room filled up for the Tulsa game and bled over into the next room.

So who's coming???

thanks for putting this together! it is appreciated!

So who's coming???

It looks like I can make it. I have a production at work to finish then can most likely be there.

JRock

What about Rudy's in Denton?

The General Manager at the Rudy's in Denton used to be at the Allen location until a few weeks ago. He's also a UNT alum. From what I understand, he has brought his computer up to the Denton restaurant a couple times this season so that patrons can watch the UNT games. I'd suggest calling the restaurant and asking for the GM to see if they'll be doing it again this weekend. I'll bet they are.

Cool, so who is going to Rudy's in DENTON??? It really SHOULD become the official stop for road-game watching.

I agree that there should be a place in Denton heavily promoted for watching road games. I'm a little surprised no one has been doing it. The watching parties in Allen are put on by the Collin County chapter of the UNT Alumni Association.. I wish someone would step up in Tarrant County too.

Edited by UNT 90 Grad

I agree that there should be a place in Denton heavily promoted for watching road games. I'm a little surprised no one has been doing it. The watching parties in Allen are put on by the Collin County chapter of the UNT Alumni Association.. I wish someone would step up in Tarrant County too.

The Denton Chapter has often hosted watch parties in Denton County for both football and basketball games. Unfortunately, for this Saturday, several of our members are out of town or otherwise committed. And, we have been extremely busy with additional projects this fall.

If anyone would like to join our little band of merry warriors and help us with these events, I would love to hear from you. We could do so much more if we had more volunteers. I will personally be representing the Denton Chapter in Lafayette at the game, so I cannot help at Rudy's this time. But, the Denton Chapter has hosted watch parties this year at Rudy's in Denton. Rudy's is a great partner for UNT, and should have our support as well.

So, if you are close and want to enjoy the game with fellow members of the Mean green nation, please show up at Rudy's and enjoy the beer, BBQ and fellow members of the great Mean Green Nation!

PLEASE PM me if you are interested in joining the small group of merry warriors who have been organizing and hosting these events in Denton County for the last 5 years or so. We would definitely love to have you!

The Denton Chapter has often hosted watch parties in Denton County for both football and basketball games. Unfortunately, for this Saturday, several of our members are out of town or otherwise committed. And, we have been extremely busy with additional projects this fall.

If anyone would like to join our little band of merry warriors and help us with these events, I would love to hear from you. We could do so much more if we had more volunteers. I will personally be representing the Denton Chapter in Lafayette at the game, so I cannot help at Rudy's this time. But, the Denton Chapter has hosted watch parties this year at Rudy's in Denton. Rudy's is a great partner for UNT, and should have our support as well.

So, if you are close and want to enjoy the game with fellow members of the Mean green nation, please show up at Rudy's and enjoy the beer, BBQ and fellow members of the great Mean Green Nation!

PLEASE PM me if you are interested in joining the small group of merry warriors who have been organizing and hosting these events in Denton County for the last 5 years or so. We would definitely love to have you!

I wish I could go to Lafayette.

So...who's going to Rudy's in Denton? Think it will have a decent turnout? If not, I'll just watch it from home, but would like to go if others are going. I'm not making the drive all the way to Allen.

We had ~60 people show up for the last watching party here in Allen. My bet is that you'll have a great turn out in Denton as well.

Hey folks. Just for the record, I wasn't trying to take shots at any particular groups, organizations, or individuals. It just seems like in previous years if a place in Denton was having a watching event, we all knew about it, regardless of who was sponsoring it. (Pour House, Buffalo Wild Wings, etc.). For the Tulsa game we had fans, including students, drive to Allen to watch the game. It turns out they were showing it at Rudy's in Denton too, but they didn't know.