Penalties

Eastwood Eagle

People can complain about coach Mac's decisions at QB, and closed practices, but we are very well coached, and the adjustments after halftime were evident tonight. Our kids are playing so much better than they have been; and we have a very bright and promising Defensive Coordinator in Clint Bowen. Our defense is not the most talented but they are flying around, dominating two first halves at Apogee, and making some nice plays. I'm happy with where we are at, and we have a phenomenal facility and great coaches to boot. The future is bright, and if we are realistic as a fan base, we will take all the wins we can get, ugly or not in 2011.

It's really fun seeing my very first season of UNT football this year. The players are hungry and focused, if a little smaller and slower than I'd like to see, but they want to be there, they want to play, and they look like they've actually seen the playbook before the game. Bowl game or no bowl game, the astounding progress made so far has been really fun to watch.

I'm loving the open field tackling we have this year. All the the quick passes FAU threw last night would have gone for 30-40 yards last year when the first defender missed his tackle. This year the first defender to the ball is almost always taking down or holding on to the runner.... Thank god for improvement!!!