Kevn Wilson Post-Game Video

AndersonUNT

There were once these dick head coaches that laughed at us with a brand new coach as they piled up the points on us. It was in a town not too far north of Denton

I really can't hold too much against Stoops & Co. for that. Our defensive schemes that game were absolutely pathetic--no disguised coverages, no zones . . . it was putting a hapless Evyn Roman in single man coverage against the best WR in the nation that year. What else can an opposing coach do besides shake his head and laugh? As for "piling on the points," they honestly could have scored 100 on us if they wanted. They pulled Bradford in the 3rd quarter; and in the whole 2nd half, they didn't score a single one of those easy passing TDs we were giving away.

• Upvote 1

There were once these dick head coaches that laughed at us with a brand new coach as they piled up the points on us. It was in a town not too far north of Denton

And, if memory serves me correctly... Guess which one in particular was bitter over not getting hired instead of Todd Dodge?

Playing North Texas isn't as funny when you can't ride along on Bob Stoops' jock and stand behind a top 5 team, I guess.

I do kinda like his honesty.

Reporter: "Did (name) get pulled because of performance or injury?"

Wilson: "We had no points ..." :)

I always thought Kevin Wilson would have been a good choice for us to hire. I just find it hard to believe we would have hired Dodge over him ... except for the fact that Wilson has very little personality and wouldn't be an effective sales person for the team. I just always thought a Kevin Wilson would have wanted more money that we could have paid at the time.

You saying Wilson applied when TD did?

Rumor is, Stoops campaigned hard to get him an interview, which didn't come. I agree about the sentiment that he was out of our price range, but so were other bigger name candidates that were able to obtain an interview as well.

Damn glad to have McCarney here now. If we had hired Wilson instead of Dodge, there's no telling if McCarney would have been here or not.

Edited by MeanMag

Rumor is, Stoops campaigned hard to get him an interview, which didn't come. I agree about the sentiment that he was out of our price range, but so were other bigger name candidates that were able to obtain an interview as well.

Damn glad to have McCarney here now. If we had hired Wilson instead of Dodge, there's no telling if McCarney would have been here or not.

If Wilson had success in his first three years I think he's the type who would have taken off for a bigger job, thus leaving an opening to hire McCarney.

EDIT:

Upon further consideration... Let me just say that I couldn't be happier to beat any first season coach more than Kevin Wilson.

I hope he enjoyed his hearty laughs back in 2007. Payback is a biologically specific term for a female dog.

I always heard that Payback was a 5-letter Rolling Stones song from 'Sticky Fingers'.