3 walk-ons get scholarships

SUMG

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205251629&DB_OEM_ID=1800

Kyle White was a Dodge signee.....so I have no idea why he wasn't on scholarship. Anyway, guess he was off, and has now earned his way back. Congrats to all three of these guys!

It would be great to see White be a contributor this season. He is a large dude

• Upvote 1

Kyle White was a Dodge signee.....so I have no idea why he wasn't on scholarship. Anyway, guess he was off, and has now earned his way back. Congrats to all three of these guys!

It is not uncommon for coaches to bring players in, encouraging them to walk-on. Are you sure he was a signee?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

For those of you who are upset about this, keep in mind that Kyle White is the only one getting more than a semester of two of scholly. The other two are Srs. so Mac probably decided to reward the guys when he had extra schollys because they weren't being used.

Maybe my memory is fading in my advanced age, but didn't Deans also start at PK the first few games of the season?

You are correct. He was the PK until the failed XP which was immediately followed by the start of the Olen era! Deans did a decent job handling the Punting duties after losing atterberry in the FIU game.

You are correct. He was the PK until the failed XP which was immediately followed by the start of the Olen era! Deans did a decent job handling the Punting duties after losing atterberry in the FIU game.

Didn't Jose Serrano kick off and Deans handle the field goals and XP's the first few games?

Didn't Jose Serrano kick off and Deans handle the field goals and XP's the first few games?

I remember Serrano taking a few KO's but I can't remember if it was over several games or just the first game. Olen and Atterberry took the bulk of the KO's last year but Deans handled the FG's and XP's until Olen took over.

For those of you who are upset about this, keep in mind that Kyle White is the only one getting more than a semester of two of scholly. The other two are Srs. so Mac probably decided to reward the guys when he had extra schollys because they weren't being used.

Deans is listed as a junior, although he may not be planning to play next year. He did a very good job last year. I still just love how NT no matter how many times they give out those last scholarship seems to have a few more.

It appears to me that McCarney may be really emphasizing the walk on program which is very wise IMO. It will be great to show all those potential walk ons the number of ships awarded to past walk ons.

Deans is listed as a junior, although he may not be planning to play next year. He did a very good job last year. I still just love how NT no matter how many times they give out those last scholarship seems to have a few more.

It appears to me that McCarney may be really emphasizing the walk on program which is very wise IMO. It will be great to show all those potential walk ons the number of ships awarded to past walk ons.

I think the roster is incorrect because the FIU game notes show him as a senior. He took a redshirt in 2007. 2008=RSF 2009=RSS 2010=RSJ 2011=RedshirtSenior

Deans classification has been wrong since he walked on. This will be his Senior and final year of eligibility.