After The Game

kbking67

I used to enjoy going down to Fry Street after games as a student and even as an alum to check out a band or just take in the college scene. I'll be flying in for the first game at Apogee Stadium and really looking forward to it. Where does everyone go now after games? Where is the best place to catch a live band afterwards? Would love to hear everyone's opinions on this. Great weekend lined up with the Rangers in town too for Sunday!

I too will be flying in for the first game at Apogee. My friends and I are laughing because we know we will all look seedy at the college bars after the game while all the young attractive coeds walk around all hot and judging us old dudes.

Thank goodness our hot wives will be with us to comfort us and if that fails there is always our friend Jack Daniels to cheer us up!

That being said I am sure Cool Beans and the standard bars will still be good. Right?

Can't wait. My first game in like 8 years in Denton and first NT game since the last NO Bowl. It only took a new stadium to get me back! I know, I am a bad alum!

Patrick

Edited by SouthBendGreen
  • Upvote 1

I imagine the traditional Loophole post-game meal, a quick listen to some Petty Theft at Dan's then off to Lou's, Rocks and Tavern for shots, beers, hugs, stories, memories, debauchery and questionable decisions.

You get all that michagb?

CBL I like you so here's some hints: Loophole is too smoky. No girl wants smoke in their hair on a date. Michagb hates hugs, so skip from beers to stories. And she loves when you buy her friends drinks too.

See how I worked that last part in there? I want to get something out of this message board romance.

• Upvote 2

I imagine the traditional Loophole post-game meal, a quick listen to some Petty Theft at Dan's then off to Lou's, Rocks and Tavern for shots, beers, hugs, stories, memories, debauchery and questionable decisions.

You get all that michagb?

Is that supposed to be an invitation? I mean you haven't even taken me out on the "learn about GMG" date yet and you want me to be a part of your debauchery and questionable decisions?! I am a lady you know :)

• Upvote 5

I too will be flying in for the first game at Apogee. My friends and I are laughing because we know we will all look seedy at the college bars after the game while all the young attractive coeds walk around all hot and judging us old dudes.

Thank goodness our hot wives will be with us to comfort us and if that fails there is always our friend Jack Daniels to cheer us up!

That being said I am sure Cool Beans and the standard bars will still be good. Right?

Can't wait. My first game in like 8 years in Denton and first NT game since the last NO Bowl. It only took a new stadium to get me back! I know, I am a bad alum!

Patrick

Welcome home, Patrick...great to have you back! Come by the new Alumni Pavilion and check it out on game day...it's open to all!