Post from the TSU-SM Board Regarding

UNTLifer

I think it is fine they are happy to be members of the WAC regardless of the fact that it will be filled with the likes of Seattle, Denver, UTA and potentially more schools that don't play football beginning in 2012, and UTSA that has never fielded a team replacing the likes of Fresno State, Hawaii, etc..., but what cracks me up is some of the points they make in justifying staying in the WAC. I had to laugh out loud at the one poster that mentioned they should concentrate on winning the WAC until the Big XII comes calling.

Link

I didn't mean to put this in the recruiting forum. Admins, please move to where you feel it should be placed.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Can't fault them for being excited about moving up, but they are unbelievably delusional. SBC members have been pumping millions of dollars into new facilities, improvements, coaching, recruiting, etc and the SBC just now looks like it's on the cusp of moving up the food chain.

What really cracked me up was the one Southwest Texas State University at San Marcos idiot making fun of directional names that are no longer in use.

Edited by ColoradoEagle

What makes them think the Big XII will look for a team from the WAC? So much for that high level of education in the WAC LaTech claimed.

The further down the NCAA totem pole the more delusional some get?

............................................................................................................

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich......You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong......You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift......You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down......You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred......You cannot build character and courage by taking away men's initiative and independence......You cannot help men permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." Abraham Lincoln

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

What makes them think the Big XII will look for a team from the WAC? So much for that high level of education in the WAC LaTech claimed.

They are a bit delusional but that's one way to be a fan. My 2 year old recently asked me to reach the moon and get it for him. When he gets a better understanding of proportions and distances, that will seem silly up him. At UNT, we have the benefit of perspective. Having spent significant time playing FBS football, we understand that it is an uphill battle, doable, but it takes lots of time and effort.

They've been delusional ever since their name change. Nothing new.

Seriously. Think anyone would be taking them seriously if they were still SWTSU-SM? Hell, they probably wouldn't have even landed Fran or a WAC invite.

I think it is fine they are happy to be members of the WAC regardless of the fact that it will be filled with the likes of Seattle, Denver, UTA and potentially more schools that don't play football beginning in 2012, and UTSA that has never fielded a team replacing the likes of Fresno State, Hawaii, etc..., but what cracks me up is some of the points they make in justifying staying in the WAC. I had to laugh out loud at the one poster that mentioned they should concentrate on winning the WAC until the Big XII comes calling.

Link

I didn't mean to put this in the recruiting forum. Admins, please move to where you feel it should be placed.

I think I lose five IQ points every time I go to a WAC team forum and read their justification for staying.