Do NOT Purchase EA Sports NCAA Football 2012!

jquincy

Not if you care dearly for Mean Green football, that is. They've NEVER in the history of that video game franchise, seen fit to include our fight song --not even when we won the SunBelt Conference title 4 years in a row-- but why stop there, EA? This year they decided they couldn't be bothered with giving us a new stadium or uniform. They have also said that they will not fix the lack of a new stadium via patch or make it available on the TeamBuilder website (where you can customize your team). They did, however, make sure they got Wyoming's alternate uniforms exactly right, so I guess there's that.

I would like very much to start up some sort of petition, but I couldn't begin to even try to guess where we could send it, or if they would care at all.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 17

I'm waiting until next year anyways... when all of the conferences will be set (hopefully) and they will have had time to put our new stadium and uniforms into the game... i remember somebody said it would be too late for them to put the stadium in the game... and our own athletic department hasn't even unveiled our new uniforms yet

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Wasn't planning to buy it begin with. The new stadium wasn't going to be in it and neither were the uniforms since the dev team is usually a year behind, especially when a program has major changes during the tail end of the development phase and pre-release.

And the music? I solve that by adding my own tracks anyways.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

it's not so much that our stadium isn't included right away, i could get over that. i also don't have a huge problem with the uniforms being wrong, because that's something that can, for the most part, be fixed on the team builder website. my problem is that the stadium WON'T be fixed this year at all according to EA. they've said that they won't even include it in team builder after the fact this year. that's what pisses me off. i don't mind having to fix something that they couldn't include at launch, but i don't like to be told "no, and we won't fix it either".

how hard could it be? they've already got the code in place for the field itself. there's absolutely no shortage of pics online of the new stadium. even if it's not EXACTLY correct, is it that hard to put forth some kind of effort in a patch down the road or something? look, i know that UNT isn't some perennial top 10 powerhouse, but neither is wyoming or western kentucky, who will have their stadium changes in the game.

long story short, i've waited a long time to not have to look at fouts field anymore, and lord knows i see it way more in video games than i do on TV or in person. to know that i'm stuck looking at that poo-hat for another year is more than i wanna put up with, ESPECIALLY when they're going out of their way to get other spare programs right.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

don't know why i got so many minuses in my original post. i don't think it's too much to ask for a little bone to be thrown at some point. again, it doesn't have to be with the initial release.

but as long as they get colorado's grand entrance onto the field exactly right, then i guess i don't have anything to bitch about.

screw me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

long story short, i've waited a long time to not have to look at fouts field anymore, and lord knows i see it way more in video games than i do on TV or in person. to know that i'm stuck looking at that poo-hat for another year is more than i wanna put up with, ESPECIALLY when they're going out of their way to get other spare programs right.

Then don't buy the game.

Edited by meangreendork
  • Upvote 2