Jalie's Back

GreenBat

I've got to say that I think this is GREAT news for the program. Welcome home. It seems to me that steps are being taken to "right the ship" of the women's program just like those that have been taken to "right the ship" for the football program. I really like having Mean green back leading the Mean Green! You go ladies! Can't wait to see this next team on the court.

I hope Coach Aston is as good about getting out in the public as Coach Mac has been. That is soley needed to help generate interest and to rebuild a fan base that had pretty much disappeared during the last regime.

I've got to say that I think this is GREAT news for the program. Welcome home. It seems to me that steps are being taken to "right the ship" of the women's program just like those that have been taken to "right the ship" for the football program. I really like having Mean green back leading the Mean Green! You go ladies! Can't wait to see this next team on the court.

I hope Coach Aston is as good about getting out in the public as Coach Mac has been. That is soley needed to help generate interest and to rebuild a fan base that had pretty much disappeared during the last regime.

T-shirt time? :ph34r:

Coach Slinker must be having a good laugh. Two of her ass't coaches and a top player (now an ass't coach) have been tapped to salvage women's basketball. :rolleyes:

As good a laugh as she had when she went to the bank and saw the deposit from UNT, who bankrolled her as a losing coach for almost 20 years? I wonder...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As good a laugh as she had when she went to the bank and saw the deposit from UNT, who bankrolled her as a losing coach for almost 20 years? I wonder...

It was these Asst. Coaches that made it possible for us to get to the NIT when they were last here - Tina Stinker had little to do with that rise.

This was finally a good selection by RV - they will turn the program around ASAP.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Coach Slinker must be having a good laugh. Two of her ass't coaches and a top player (now an ass't coach) have been tapped to salvage women's basketball. :rolleyes:

I hope she is smiling a bit. But, if she had not just pretty much "given up" recruiting, coaching and working the fan base about 3-4 years before she retired she may still have been coaching the Mean Green and the Stephens fiasco would never have happened. I just thought Coach Slinker had pretty much come to the end of her game when she was "retired". It was time, so this is not like a "ha ha" moment for her. She is still around the area and has good things to say about UNT. Saw her at the UNT Alumni Awards Banquet recently. Didn't have a chance to say "hi", but it was good to see her in attendance and supporting one of her ex-players who was receiving a "young alum" award. I would imagine that Coach Slinker is very happy to she these ladies return "home", and is probably very happy to see the fortunes of the ladies team rebound (no pun intended).

GO MEAN GREEN!

• 2 weeks later...

I hope she is smiling a bit. But, if she had not just pretty much "given up" recruiting, coaching and working the fan base about 3-4 years before she retired she may still have been coaching the Mean Green and the Stephens fiasco would never have happened. I just thought Coach Slinker had pretty much come to the end of her game when she was "retired". It was time, so this is not like a "ha ha" moment for her. She is still around the area and has good things to say about UNT. Saw her at the UNT Alumni Awards Banquet recently. Didn't have a chance to say "hi", but it was good to see her in attendance and supporting one of her ex-players who was receiving a "young alum" award. I would imagine that Coach Slinker is very happy to she these ladies return "home", and is probably very happy to see the fortunes of the ladies team rebound (no pun intended).

GO MEAN GREEN!

If you look back at the article coach Slinker commented at the bottom. She is indeed a class act.