Recruits

djohnnie

Its interesting that many on here count Mitchell as is that chicken is hatched. Still too much uncertainty with NCAA and grades for me to be overly optimistic.

I see your point, but when discussing recruits he has to be included as we have to save a scholarship for him.

Now discussing starting lineups is another matter, but still really fun to include him there too.

Based on what I've read Tony Michell doesn't seem to be young man that can't make his grades. Seems to me he was put in a bad situation, and once he and his family understood the depth of the situation, they did everything to recover from it properly. Realistically if Tony Mitchell had scored 1 point better on his TASK (sp) state required math score he wouldn't have graced the doors of UNT. I'm willing to cut some slack to Mr. Mitchell so UNT will be blessed with his basketball talent.

I'm sure Tony Mitchell has a chip on his shoulder to prove to a lot of people that he can not only play basketball at a high level, but make his grades and control his future. :sword:

Its interesting that many on here count Mitchell as is that chicken is hatched. Still too much uncertainty with NCAA and grades for me to be overly optimistic.

Uncertainty based on what? I'm guessing his past.

There has been no evidence since his Denton arrival to suggest anything wrong OR right. Actually, I am slightly optimistic if only because if he were NOT on track to be eligible, we would be hearing something. I.E., someone would post "he wasn't in class today."

*edit

I see you said "overly" optimistic, so can I still consider you part of the "slightly" crowd? :)

Edited by greenminer

When was the last time someone on this basketball team did not do what they were supposed to in the classroom?

Mitchell has got to pass 24 hours by the end of fall semester to be eligible. Thats 2 semesters of 12 hours, or even less if he takes a couple of summer school classes.

You can question JJ on any number of issues, but getting and keeping players eligible really isn't one of them.

• Upvote 4