Gmg.com Flag Football Game

KRAM1

Just an FYI....the GMG.com flag football game is tentatively being set for Saturday, May 28th. Guess what? That is not graduation weekend. I checked already! The 28th date is not set in stone as yet as there are still a few details to be worked out to be 100% sure of the date. In addition, there is consideration being given for a bit of a new format for the game...one I think everyone will really enjoy and one that has the possibility of attracting a bigger crowd to watch and more donations to the scholarship fund.

So, I just wanted everyone to know...in case you were one who might have thought that the basketball game was taking away from the football game planning...that we are "on track" for what I believe would be the 8th Annual GMG.Com Bowl? Eight, right?

Details to follow, but I just wanted to let everyone know that we are not ignoring the football game...it is already in the planning stages.

GO MEAN GREEN! Go GMG.Com Bowl!

• Upvote 1

Mark thanks for all your hard worn on these things. It is greatly appreciated. :) If I can help in some way let me know. And of course you can count on me and my husband joining. I think it might be game 7 but I'm not positive. I'd have to go back and look at all my shirts. And I do plan on playing on the winning team for the third year in a row. ;)

as long as consuming of beer, instead of gatorade/water/electrolyte pansy stuff, is allowable during the game, then i'm in again!!! best time!!! thanks for this work dude!

Since when has this NOT been allowed? As "commissioner" I approve copious amounts...it might ease the aches before they even occur!

• Upvote 2

Has the new CBA been settled on? I hadn't heard.

Yes, I had a meeting with the players union and we are all set. I just said "beer is good" and tailgating will occur and they signed off on it in a heartbeat! Good to Go! By the way...it's a new 10 year agreement, so we are set for some time to come. None of this lockout/shutdown silliness will impede the playing of the GMG.COM BOWL!!!!! Not as long as I am commissioner as the players can always buy me off with a cold beer or two. :thumbsu:

• Upvote 1