Free Admission Tomorrow

emmitt01

Because of the weather the game is free tomorrow.

So how do we get the word out about the "free lunch" to the denizens of Denton? It would be nice for the locals to get a taste of something that they might decide that they enjoy. For a city this size, we ought to be getting 1-2K of non-UNT affiliated fans every single game that we're putting a quality product on the floor. It's no longer a little podunk town (pardon me) like it was a quarter century+ ago. It's now an emerging big city outer ring suburb, and it's about time that it started to act like one. FILL THE SUPER PIT!

It isn't free if you bought season tickets.

So, do we all get a one game refund? Ha! I am just glad to see the game is still "on" for tonight. I wonder about the crowd size with the snow event predicted to hit later this evening/night? This winter stuff sucks. If I wanted to live in this sort of weather I'd move north! Come on sun!

See you at the game tonight (I hope) and GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You need to do a little more research.

A red number for this post? See what I mean, Harry? No rhyme or reason or anything close to how I think you originally intended it to be used in the first place.

I like the idea I heard expressed recently of those who post red to have their ID or monikors shown so all on GMG.com can see those who would hide behind such otherwise. Then they can explain to all on the board the reason they posted red if they posted red any longer.:rolleyes:

While we still have the freedom of the internet,:ph34r: I'm sure I will still express my views whether anyone who would hide behind a red number likes them or not.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

A red number for this post? See what I mean, Harry? No rhyme or reason or anything close to how I think you originally intended it to be used in the first place.

I like the idea I heard expressed recently of those who post red to have their ID or monikors shown so all on GMG.com can see those who would hide behind such otherwise. Then they can explain to all on the board the reason they posted red if they posted red any longer.:rolleyes:

While we still have the freedom of the internet,:ph34r: I'm sure I will still express my views whether anyone who would hide behind a red number likes them or not.

+ equations_moyer.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Actually it is, sort of. If you bring your season ticket they'll give you a ticket to another event free.

Will it be equal to the value of the ticket that you paid for? Will you get to pick the event? Can it be used, same as cash, at the time of the ticket-holder's discretion with no expiration? Can be used to pay, in part (where applicable), for another event? If used for an event of lesser cost, can the balance be applied to another event? If they cannot make the game, will they still be able to get the value of the ticket? The answer to these is probably maybe or doubtful.

Seems to me that this is not truly free for those that have already paid.

Edited by forevereagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I would guess that most of us season ticket holders who live outside of Denton don't get to attend all the games anyhow...especially those at 7:00 on weeknights. We buy our season tickets more as a donation to the cause rather than worrying about getting something for each dollar we spend. I am more hopeful that there is a crowd to support the Mean Green tonight from people who can make the drive (walk) than I am about getting something back for my 2 tickets tonight. Even the students pay a set fee for the year whether or not they get to go to all the games.

Let's look at the big picture! I'll be listening on the radio tonight and hope that I hear some fan noise in the background!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I would guess that most of us season ticket holders who live outside of Denton don't get to attend all the games anyhow...especially those at 7:00 on weeknights. We buy our season tickets more as a donation to the cause rather than worrying about getting something for each dollar we spend. I am more hopeful that there is a crowd to support the Mean Green tonight from people who can make the drive (walk) than I am about getting something back for my 2 tickets tonight. Even the students pay a set fee for the year whether or not they get to go to all the games.

Let's look at the big picture! I'll be listening on the radio tonight and hope that I hear some fan noise in the background!

We will be doing our part!

Actually it is, sort of. If you bring your season ticket they'll give you a ticket to another event free.

We just got an email from the Athletic Department that says

Attention Season Ticket Holders:

Due to the inclement weather last week affecting Thursday's basketball game against FAU, the North Texas Athletic Ticket Office would like to offer all basketball season ticket holders the opportunity to request complimentary tickets in addition to your season tickets to one of our 3 remaining home games

of the 2010-11 season.

After reminding us of the dates they said

Please contact the ticket office at 1-800-868-2366 if you would like to request tickets*.

*Season ticket holders can request one ticket per season ticket. The ticket office will seat any additional tickets near season tickets to the

best of their abilitiy.

This could be a great way to introduce new fans to Mean Green Basketball.

• Upvote 1