Adding Seats

Dr. Seuss

Why dont we have seats right behind the benches and scores table? Look at any other basketball arena and the fans are right on top of the court. I understand that floor seats are only available to MGC but what the other side??

They already push the court as far over to that side as possible; there's not a lot of room back there. The difference between the pit and the schools that you're talking about is that there is very little space between the court and the stands. That's a good thing,

I consider the Pit Crew Seats to be right on top of the court. I could have reached out and touched the Arkansas State players last night...I think they left the space behind the scorers table open so athletic staff could move around a bit easier, but that is just a guess.

What I wish they would do is tear out the press area on center court, and fill that in with seats. Then fill in the area behind the scorers table with spaces for the press to sit.

• Upvote 1

You look at pictures of the UNT game against Oklahoma State and Texas Tech, there is so much green because of the multiple rows of press seating, that the stands don't appear as full as they really were. Get rid of the press seating, and fill them in with seats. Let the Pit Crew take over another section, and let Alumni sit in that middle section.

You look at pictures of the UNT game against Oklahoma State and Texas Tech, there is so much green because of the multiple rows of press seating, that the stands don't appear as full as they really were. Get rid of the press seating, and fill them in with seats. Let the Pit Crew take over another section, and let Alumni sit in that middle section.

The pit crew should have every section from the band to the table and put the visitors on the other side of the band sec 111 i believe

• Upvote 1

We complain that the media doesn't cover us enough in one thread and we want to kick them out of the Super Pit in another. I'm so confused. :notfair:

• Upvote 2

We complain that the media doesn't cover us enough in one thread and we want to kick them out of the Super Pit in another. I'm so confused. :notfair:

Nobody wants them kicked out, just moved to courtside and those seats made available to paying customers.

The Pit Crew needs another section. It was hard to find 4 good seats last night.

It is a good thing that the student seating is filling up. The upper deck is the pit crew section as well...and eventually the student section will be full every game, and people are going to have to sit up there. Season tickets are sold in every other lower bowl section at this point, so expanding the student section will be tricky.

No other arena anywhere has a seating configuration for the media like the Super Pit does. I don't understand why it was designed in this manner or why it has remained when so many of those "seats" go unused.

I agree it's time to reconfigure the media section into "prime" seating for paying customers. Perhaps make it a special Arena/Grill section....with big comfy roller chairs, waiters and catered food service for those in that section...they already have the tables.

Edited by NT80

The Pit Crew needs another section. It was hard to find 4 good seats last night.

Next year they need to push the band over another section and give the students more room. Like Matt said, not too much can be done this year.

Also, realize that at most basketball schools, students line up way beforehand and race to get the best seats. We're not there yet, but where we're at now is night and day from 2003 when I started at NT.

Edited by ColoradoEagle

Next year they need to push the band over another section and give the students more room. Like Matt said, not too much can be done this year.

Also, realize that at most basketball schools, students line up way beforehand and race to get the best seats. We're not there yet, but where we're at now is night and day from 2003 when I started at NT.

True not much can be done at all but I just think the closer we are to the court the better :thumbsu:

True not much can be done at all but I just think the closer we are to the court the better :thumbsu:

Agreed. I seem to remember RV saying something about not being able to seat the students behind the visitor's bench, otherwise I think that would be great.

Also, I looked up a couple stats. To give an idea of how much things have changed recently:

Most attended game

2004-2005 (TCU) - 3633

2010-2011 (Texas Tech) - 7105

Arkansas State

Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 2712

Saturday, January 22, 2011 - 4856

Hopefully we can keep the momentum building. Eventually people might actually be used to sitting in the upper bowl. :blink:

Edited by ColoradoEagle

Agreed. I seem to remember RV saying something about not being able to seat the students behind the visitor's bench, otherwise I think that would be great.

Also, I looked up a couple stats. To give an idea of how much things have changed recently:

Most attended game

2004-2005 (TCU) - 3633

2010-2011 (Texas Tech) - 7105

Arkansas State

Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 2712

Saturday, January 22, 2011 - 4856

Hopefully we can keep the momentum building. Eventually people might actually be used to sitting in the upper bowl. :blink:

If you cant put them behind the bench then put an additional student section at the other end of the court :blink:.

If you cant put them behind the bench then put an additional student section at the other end of the court :blink:.

We did that once versus Pacific in '97(I think). They brought maybe 2 rows of folding chairs onto the floor behind one of the goals. Pretty fun experience.

If you actually look in the student section its not just students its parents and young alum. Why put students in the upper deck when there is plenty of open seats left of the student section all the way to the green stands

I was just saying that eventually people will have to sit up there as our arena fills up more and more. I do like the idea of having student seating on both ends. The thing about expanding the student section though is that student turnout must warrant it. That is not the case quite yet unfortunately.