Whorns Ink $300 Million Deal

DeepGreen

I do, the horns epitomize just about everything wrong with college athletics. If you don't think the insane amounts of money raised and spent by programs like Texas don't effect all college sports, then I have news for you.

:thumbsu:

Other things pertinent to the University of North Texas also come from the "Whorns" home city of Austin. We of UNT always need to be cognizant of whats happening in that town so-named after Stephen Fuller Austin.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

One might not like this because they are not Longhorn fans, and as an Oklahoma State grad as well as a UNT grad, I have more reason that some to dislike this deal as I see it has a very large recruiting advantage for UT. Now, that being said, if this were UNT or OSU signing the deal I would be most pleased, and I dare say that most here would also be pleased if it were UNT inking this deal.

Too bad it isn't UNT, but you cannot blame the Longhorns for doing all they can to help their program. Like it or not, this is a pretty significant deal. If you are big enough and carry a big enough stick, well, you can sign such deals. I wonder how Notre Dame likes the deal it has?

With ESPN setting up shop in Austin to create this...it gives their RTVF department a tremendous opportunity. Think about all the students that can intern there, before eventually getting gigs in Bristol.

ESPN might be made up of largely UT grads in 15-20 years.