Congresswoman Shot In Az

So, I am a right winger? Actually prefer the term conservative.

And I prefer the accurate term Democratic party, but your brethren prefer the innaccurare term democrat party. It's not much but it's a dig.

I don't have a big problem with conservatives. Republicans on the other hand...

And I prefer the accurate term Democratic party, but your brethren prefer the innaccurare term democrat party. It's not much but it's a dig.

I don't have a big problem with conservatives. Republicans on the other hand...

On this, we completely agree.

Sorry, but I can't call something so undemocratic democratic. :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Not buying it.

And we all know where you stand politically.

So, is this where you own up to putting words in my mouth?

Perhaps I could post a picture of a Canadian flag and you could tell the class my feelings on the Treaty of Ghent...?

Edited by Coffee and TV

Before we all go laying blame on either party member for using nefarious Internet mind control techniques to make him go shoot a Democrat, let's also remember that a conservative federal judge appointed by Bush was killed and, more tragically, a 9-year old girl.

Let's get all the facts first.

As if everyone doesn't already know..... You've always come across as an apologist for the Throne.

I must carry some sort of Scott the Engineer* black cloud that follows me.

I went to NYC in April: a failed bomb goes off in Times Square.

I went to San Diego in July: their city was under water for a week.

On that same trip I stayed in Tucson for a night: now this.

If shit goes down in Toronto in the next few months then I'll start freaking the eff out.

*That's a guy from The Howard Stern Show, for those of you who didn't get that reference.

Edited by Coffee and TV

Sorry to see this thread sink to such a level when the point should be to look at the tragedy of what has happened and to hope and pray that those injured will survive and that the families of those slain will find some comfort.

Idiots that do this sort of thing usually do not belong to any recognized main stream political party, and to make it out to be so is just not helpful or appropriate. What we should all be considering is what has led this great nation of ours to the point where our elected officials cannot openly and freely meet with the constituents without fear of some deranged idiot shotting up the place. I can all but guarantee you that this guy was known by someone to be loony and a danger to society, but nothing could be done or was done for some reason. One has to wonder what this will do to the ability of these elected representatives to meet in public with those they represent?

I care not what party or what views this Congresswoman holds in this case, and it should not matter to any other person. We have six people dead including a federal judge and a nine year old little girl with her life fully in front of her and a congresswoman shot through the brain trying to hold on in the hospital.

Let us all stop and pray or at least stop and think about how we as a great nation came to this! May God help and comfort all those who are suffering because of this tragic series of events.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

The show 'This Week' did their whole show this morning on the event. Wow what a crazy situation and it is sad to see something like this. Not sure what the motives are whether the shooter is just a nut or all of this is a spillover from the current political climate. Whatever it is this is when unity with everybody, every party, politician etc in the country is very important.

I must carry some sort of Scott the Engineer* black cloud that follows me.

I went to NYC in April: a failed bomb goes off in Times Square.

I went to San Diego in July: their city was under water for a week.

On that same trip I stayed in Tucson for a night: now this.

If shit goes down in Toronto in the next few months then I'll start freaking the eff out.

*That's a guy from The Howard Stern Show, for those of you who didn't get that reference.

Please remove Houston from your destination list. Thanks in advance.

Please remove Houston from your destination list. Thanks in advance.

After realizing the events that I posted previously, I thought I might do the opposite. In fact, I'm thinking about shacking up in a guest bedroom of Dominic Kinnear, or maybe Robertson Stadium locker room for a few months.

Sorry to see this thread sink to such a level when the point should be to look at the tragedy of what has happened and to hope and pray that those injured will survive and that the families of those slain will find some comfort.

Idiots that do this sort of thing usually do not belong to any recognized main stream political party, and to make it out to be so is just not helpful or appropriate.

Agree, agree with all the sentiments you expressed here. +1

BUT... If this guy had been a Muslim, or looked remotely middle eastern...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Democrats can be real hypocrites, can't they? They used very similar targets on a map, called Republican states "enemy lines," and specifically called candidates "targeted Republicans."

http://www.verumserum.com/?p=13647

DLC-Targeting-map.gif

I fully expect all Democrats to join me in condemning such inflammatory rhetoric and irresponsible use of archery symbolism. Clearly the intent of these pictures is to incite violence against Republicans. (/sarcasm off)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Democrats can be real hypocrites, can't they? They used very similar targets on a map, called Republican states "enemy lines," and specifically called candidates "targeted Republicans."

DLC-Targeting-map.gif

I fully expect all Democrats to join me in condemning such inflammatory rhetoric and irresponsible use of archery symbolism. Clearly the intent of these pictures is to incite violence against Republicans. (/sarcasm off)

If I were a congressional republican, I'd be looking out for Robin Hood or Orion at any of my meet-and-greets.

I was wondering why CBL had started growing an Errol Flynn moustache... :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

Idiots that do this sort of thing usually do not belong to any recognized main stream political party, and to make it out to be so is just not helpful or appropriate. What we should all be considering is what has led this great nation of ours to the point where our elected officials cannot openly and freely meet with the constituents without fear of some deranged idiot shotting up the place. I can all but guarantee you that this guy was known by someone to be loony and a danger to society, but nothing could be done or was done for some reason. One has to wonder what this will do to the ability of these elected representatives to meet in public with those they represent?

I care not what party or what views this Congresswoman holds in this case, and it should not matter to any other person. We have six people dead including a federal judge and a nine year old little girl with her life fully in front of her and a congresswoman shot through the brain trying to hold on in the hospital.

Let us all stop and pray or at least stop and think about how we as a great nation came to this! May God help and comfort all those who are suffering because of this tragic series of events.

Post as true as time -- ever since Great Granddaddy Kram first posted it in 1865.

• Upvote 1

DLC-Targeting-map.gif

Yeah I remember when Democrats assassinated Florida back in 2003.

• Downvote 1

The guy that committed these murders was a nutjob plain and simple. I suspect he was a believer in the Soverign Citizen movement. They pretty much believe that the sheriff is the only LEO and hate ALL government. We've had some interesting dissucsions with them on the officer.com boards. I believe the judge he killed was conservative, and the democratic congresswoman shot was pro gun and border security, the elderly people murdered probably don't care as long as their Social Security check keeps coming so they have a source of income, and I'm pretty sure the little girl that died had no vested interest in either party. Let's not belittle this tragedy along party lines.

Before we all go laying blame on either party member for using nefarious Internet mind control techniques to make him go shoot a Democrat, let's also remember that a conservative federal judge appointed by Bush was killed and, more tragically, a 9-year old girl.

Let's get all the facts first.

Any word yet on the 9 year old's political leanings?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

And Palin's post only assasinates specific congressional districts.

Seems like the right is more technologically advanced than the left?

They sure are!

My only point is that there is no place for crap like this on either side, but I find it hard to jsut absolve one side for spreading the manure in select places that made this possible. I lean conservative maybe slightly more often than liberal, and was surprised to find myself agreeing with this NYT editorial.

We could go back to the days of a board with a nail in it, but then we'll just make bigger boards with bigger nails until we ultimately destroy ourselves.

board_with_nail.jpg

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They sure are!

My only point is that there is no place for crap like this on either side, but I find it hard to jsut absolve one side for spreading the manure in select places that made this possible. I lean conservative maybe slightly more often than liberal, and was surprised to find myself agreeing with this NYT editorial.

We could go back to the days of a board with a nail in it, but then we'll just make bigger boards with bigger nails until we ultimately destroy ourselves.

board_with_nail.jpg

Well, to each their own, but like a typical NYT editorial (which, politically, can be compared with the DRC's editorials on the new stadium: you always know which way they will fall), it blames republicans and ends with calling for gun control. Huge surprise. If it were honest, it would have pointed out that this particiular political enivornment reared it's ugly head when Ronald Reagan was President, with many on the left blaming Pres Reagan for everything under the sun. It got worse under Bill Clinton, with many on the right having vast conspiracies, some of which accused Pres Clinton of being involved in the Vince Foster murder (even though he committed suicide).

It reached a whole new level with Pres. Bush, with many on the left publicly longing for his death. Nary a word from the good old NYT. People openly calling President Bush a murderer and a war criminal. Where was the outrage??

Then with President Obama, it just shifted back the other way, with many people being unable to seperate a disagreement with his policies and villianization of the man, actually believing he wasn't borm in the US.

BUT, to buy into the BS in this NYT editorial that it is all one party's fault is, well, kind of naive, if you truely are a moderate as you say. I wonder how the NYT would have reported this if the congresswoman would have been a republican :rolleyes:

The Sheriff in Tucson is using this to further his political career. He is going to make an ass of himself when he is called as a defense witness during the criminal trial, something that probably hasn't even crossed his mind.

I'll bet you a clean, unwrinkled $100 bill that when this investigation is completed, there will be absolutely no evidence that shows that talk radio, Sarah Palin, or any other conservative influence had anythjing to do with this act. Just a crazy man on a mission, just like all of them (Oswald, Hinkley, Chapman, etc...)

Oh, and you do know this guy list The Communist Manifesto as one of his favorite books on his Facebook page, right? Maybe we should look to the polar opposite side of the political spectrum to place blame :ph34r:

EDIT: And the most ironical part of that editorial is it calls for less political polarization by blaming one and one party alone. Surely you of all people can see the irony in that.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2