Defensive Tackle That Unt Is Looking At...

This is a young man that UNT has started making a move for in the last few days. The young man's coach says they appear to be very close to making an offer. This kid was late to the recruiting process, but has been getting a lot of attention in the last couple of days. Oklahoma State has also moved into the mix. He may be a "PLAN B" kid for them, but they are sniffing around too. When this kid keeps that motor running, he is a tough assignment.

These are all the same film...just depends on which setup you like best

Site Profile: http://www.streetlight-productions.com/RakeemKnight.html

Full Screen: http://www.streetlight-productions.com/RakeemKnightFULLSCREEN.html

You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ8uuDSp6qs

Thanks for the info, SLP. I can't find the kid on Rivals or Scout (not that that means anything). I love his size and quickness....what level of competition is he playing at--there in Bama? Restoration Academy sounds like it might be a private school---does he go up against top notch competition?

Your insight would be most appreciated.

Thanks for the info, SLP. I can't find the kid on Rivals or Scout (not that that means anything). I love his size and quickness....what level of competition is he playing at--there in Bama? Restoration Academy sounds like it might be a private school---does he go up against top notch competition?

That's what I was wondering. Looks like a man among boys.

Really, you are kidding? There really are a few DT's out there that haven't committed or signed as yet? Gee, imagine that! OK< couldn't resist...this kid looks good and would be a nice addition for the Mean Green. Let's hope the staff keeps the contacts going and the kid sees UNT as a place he would like to play and not as a "stand-by prom date". UNT beats Okie State again...just like they did in basketball the last time they played!

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Like his size and movement but he does look like a man among boys out there. I will say this if there was a guy who could develop a kid like this it would be McCarney (and Nelson).

I sure hope McCarney/Bowen/Nelson work better together with D-Line than Dodge/DLo/Nelson did. Eddrick Gilmore anyone?

Nelson really put some strange D-Lines out there.

Restoration Academy is a private school and plays inside the private school assoiation. The compition at this level in Alabama can be hit or miss. Some teams are better that others but that being said, I do believe that some of these private school could be competive with the public HS inside Alabama.

He does play AISA. The thing about the AISA is that the good teams are really good...and the bad teams are really bad. His best game happened to come against one of the better teams. These type schools can really hold some hidden kids. Take Trint Jenkins for example. He is at a private school in Oklahoma. The kid is 6'9" 330 pounds. He has gone pretty much un-noticed until now. In a 2 day span...UTEP and UNLV are all over him...with the dead period ending...others will be too. It sures seem hard to miss a guy that big...but it happens.

Trint Jenkins Film: http://www.streetlight-productions.com/TrintJenkinsFULLSCREEN.html

He does play AISA. The thing about the AISA is that the good teams are really good...and the bad teams are really bad. His best game happened to come against one of the better teams. These type schools can really hold some hidden kids. Take Trint Jenkins for example. He is at a private school in Oklahoma. The kid is 6'9" 330 pounds. He has gone pretty much un-noticed until now. In a 2 day span...UTEP and UNLV are all over him...with the dead period ending...others will be too. It sures seem hard to miss a guy that big...but it happens.

Trint Jenkins Film: http://www.streetlight-productions.com/TrintJenkinsFULLSCREEN.html

Maybe they could be our Michael Ohers. (a pretty famous guy who played at a Mississippi private school.)

Really, you are kidding? There really are a few DT's out there that haven't committed or signed as yet? Gee, imagine that! OK< couldn't resist...this kid looks good and would be a nice addition for the Mean Green. Let's hope the staff keeps the contacts going and the kid sees UNT as a place he would like to play and not as a "stand-by prom date". UNT beats Okie State again...just like they did in basketball the last time they played!

GO MEAN GREEN!

they beat us last year in still water...

Sorrry to stereotype, but aren't most Aisaians a little small for d-line? I think we should focus more to the west for line help.

• Upvote 1

Update on Knight

I can confirm that UNT has faxed an official offer for Knight. I can also confirm that 2 Arkansas coaches are scheduled to visit this morning. They moved their time table up to beat the weekend dead period.

Good news and we appreciate you sharing it. Let's hope we get him!

Update on Knight

I can confirm that UNT has faxed an official offer for Knight. I can also confirm that 2 Arkansas coaches are scheduled to visit this morning. They moved their time table up to beat the weekend dead period.

I never knew that official offers were faxed to players. I guess I always assumed that an offer was just a verbal one. So whenever we (or any other school) offers a players....we put it in writing?

And I'm not doubting you.....just saying that I never knew this.

I never knew that official offers were faxed to players. I guess I always assumed that an offer was just a verbal one. So whenever we (or any other school) offers a players....we put it in writing?

And I'm not doubting you.....just saying that I never knew this.

Signed LOI are faxed on national signing day, then the orginals are Mailed/overnighted to the school. When Osborn committed over the phone, after his official visit, UNT overnighted LOI that was then signed and returned to UNT in the same manner that it was received. I do not know if it was also faxed back to UNT only because I did not ask.

It is a written contract not a verbal contract. HS players can not sign a LOI until national signing day which is always the first Tuesday in FEB. Until then everthing is just verbal and therefore not official.

Edited by ValleyBoy

Signed LOI are faxed on national signing day, then the orginals are Mailed/overnighted to the school. When Osborn committed over the phone, after his official visit, UNT overnighted LOI that was then signed and returned to UNT in the same manner that it was received. I do not know if it was also faxed back to UNT only because I did not ask.

It is a written contract not a verbal contract. HS players can not sign a LOI until national signing day which is always the first Tuesday in FEB. Until then everthing is just verbal and therefore not official.

Thanks VB. I know that LOIs are faxed. But Osborne was different....he was a juco who was sent a LOI ....in the middle of juco signing period. What we're talking about here....is the high school DT. Would he have been faxed something from us.....this early before Feb. signing date?

Anyway, I appreciate you and Street Light Productions....for your contributions to the recruiting board.

Well, Arkansas has 2 DT's committed...but both are slightly different than Knight. They are more of a 1-Tech type player. Knight could be seen as a 1-Tech or a 3 Tech at DT. It just depends on what you want from him.

They (Arkansas) are also in the mix for at least 2 other DT's 3 Star PJ Jones of Mississippi and 4 Star Mickey Johnson of Covington LA. They have 25-26 commits and are about maxed out. Probably some sign and place prospects in the list but not sure. The last 3 years with Petrino they've averaged 4 players per year signing that didn't make it to campus. In some respects this is surprising that they are making a last minute push at this guy, not because he isn't a decent prospect just because of the other numbers involved.