Defensive Tackle That Unt Is Looking At...

Shades of Troy! Arkansas already has 26 commitments. There is one without a Rival Rating and five with 5.5. All the rest are higher. I hate it that this kid may commit and then there not be a scholarship available and everyone else recruiting him is filled.

By the way, the unrated player is from a prep school in North Carolina. He is a LB listed at 6'3", 245 and runs a 4.5 forty.

Didn't the SEC put in place a ban on oversigning?

*Not saying thats what Arkansas is doing it's possible to have 25+ ships available.

They are losing 22 Seniors and have 3-4 they can count back to last year and with Mallet going pro may have his spot available too. Some talk of some players transfering out happening there as well. Checked with one of the Arkansas recruiting gurus for one of their boards and he wasn't aware of any coaches visiting Knight although alot of their coaches are out nationwide this week. Arkansas could be looking at him for a Plan B since, in addition to the 2 DT's I mentioned in an earlier post they are still after, they are hosting a kid named Barron Dixon this weekend Rivals 3 Star DE from Georgia.

Just checked on of Arkansas' boards recruiting section and this young man isn't mentioned but 3 other DT prospects are still on their list: Two Rivals 4 Stars and One 3 Star. The only 2 Texans still on their list are Horace Arkadie 3* DE from Irving and 2* TE Andrew Peterson from Seagoville.

From my source, UNT offer was removed after getting a commentment from another defensive lineman. I do not know if that commentment was from Micah Thompson or if another DL has commited that we on this board do not know about.

That would be disappointing considering, in my book, you can never have too many DT's on your roster.

At this point...I am drinking the Green Koolaid and if they pulled the offer on him then it has to be because someone else is now in the picture. Please let him be 385 lbs at 6'7 and runs the 40 in 4.4! I have all the faith in the world that this staff can and will produce results with current players, inbound recruits and future prospects for years to come.

Knight looked like a beast on that film. I hope they pulled the offer because they found an even more intimidating and skillful beast...if this is the case I am excited...very excited.

From my source I would not list the offer as being pulled, more like offer was made with stipulation that we will give you X amount of time to decide then if you have not given us an ansewer we might then extent the offer to another player and if they except your offer is no longer on the table.