Texas Southern (12/4/10)

CMJ

Not awe inspiring but a win. Hogans really had a night. Is Holmen hitting a three a good thing? This is a better win than most will think.

Agree.

Hogans was awesome.

I hope that doesn't make Holmen think he should take a bunch more.

Agreed...I thought this was gonna be a dogfight.

Just got back. A couple of thoughts.

TSU is long and tall. We looked like the 8th grade playing the varstiy at times. This held White in check. Without some late free throws, he would have had more fouls than points. I hope he can get hot again soon.

Odufawa and Hogans did well.

Thomson and Shorter are ice.

#15 needs ballet lessons or something. Still not ready to give up on him though.

As usual, they made me nervous, but came through again.

Edited by cwb

Hogans has got a lot of Dennis Rodman in him plus he brings more offensively. Great to have him this year, and a gift to have him back next year when you consider the apparent softness of our returning bigs. Nice win. Sam Houston is`a huge game when you consider that it could possibly begin the process of setting us up for a 10-1 record going into Baton Rouge. A lot of ifs and buts, but we win at LSU, we take care of Panhandler State, we win our first two tough SBC home games, and we're looking at 14-1 before we go on the road in conference. One little top 25 vote at 14-1? It would be surprising, but it would be sweet!

just got home from the game - here's my thoughts. Take everything with a grain of salt, I am by no means knowledgable about BB.

- Nice arena, kind of like a mini Alamodome. Seats 8100, but empty. KTSU said attendance was 1023, and thought that was good for a first home game. Huh?

- You'd think that TSU would have a band (and a good one at that), but no.

- No surprise it wasn't on channelsurfing - no sign of any cameras.

- Who was doing the MG radio broadcast? I couldn't see anyone in green at the scorer's table.

- Ugly game. Even though I think we only were behind the one time at the half, it never felt to me like we were winning. But maybe this is the mark of a great team - winning ugly when necessary.

- They didn't seem to be able to get inside well; the height differential seemed to be an issue.

- You know it's a strange game when Josh doesn't make a field goal until 1 minute left in the game, and hardly gets fouled so he doesn't have many free throws; and George isn't anywhere near a double-double.

- Hogans was tremendous!

It's always great to see them play, even better when they win. Given how weak the conference seems to be this year (except for WKU), I think we're going to have a tremendous season. I hope they continue to improve through the season (as always seems to happen), so we can make it deeper in the tournament!

GMG!

I had a great time at the game with NT03 and TheTastyGreek. In retrospect, a 9-hour round trip drive may have been a bit much for a 2-hour basketball game, but we got the victory, and it was fun, so it was definitely worth it.

Even though this team plays these close games, and (lately) has been building a lead and blowing it, I never get the feeling that we have lost control of the game. We always seem in control even when the game goes down to the wire. That is likely a product of the veteran team that we have, and it will definitely help us down the stretch this year.

• Upvote 1