Ok...everybody Settle Down

It's effing Kansas.

An all time top 5 program...and a team that does not lose at home...4 Big XII loses in Self's time in Lawrence. They beat up good teams at Phog Allen (last year, Tech by 26...Mizzou by 19...Colorado by 20). And these teams play there every year.

This is our first trip to, in my opinion, the second toughest place to play in country behind Cameron Indoor...and I don't feel at all like we embarrassed ourselves. We shot 42% from the field despite going 0-12 from 3...committed just 12 turnovers, our lowest number of the season. Are we still a ways behind the likes of Kansas? Hell yes, but if you didn't realize that going in to the game you should probably seek medical attention. There is not a scholarship player on that roster that wouldn't start and average double figures for us. Not one. Both Morris's, Taylor and if that man-child Robinson continues to refine his game are all first round, NBA draft picks...remember how excited we all were over Eric Tramiel, one of the top players we've had in the past decade, getting a try out with the Mavs this summer? Perspective.

This game was a learning and growing experience for an already seasoned team. It will only help them going forward.

• Upvote 5

It's effing Kansas.

An all time top 5 program...and a team that does not lose at home...4 Big XII loses in Self's time in Lawrence. They beat up good teams at Phog Allen (last year, Tech by 26...Mizzou by 19...Colorado by 20). And these teams play there every year.

This is our first trip to, in my opinion, the second toughest place to play in country behind Cameron Indoor...and I don't feel at all like we embarrassed ourselves. We shot 42% from the field despite going 0-12 from 3...committed just 12 turnovers, our lowest number of the season. Are we still a ways behind the likes of Kansas? Hell yes, but if you didn't realize that going in to the game you should probably seek medical attention. There is not a scholarship player on that roster that wouldn't start and average double figures for us. Not one. Both Morris's, Taylor and if that man-child Robinson continues to refine his game are all first round, NBA draft picks...remember how excited we all were over Eric Tramiel, one of the top players we've had in the past decade, getting a try out with the Mavs this summer? Perspective.

This game was a learning and growing experience for an already seasoned team. It will only help them going forward.

you can sprinkle fairy dust on it but it was still a whipping. same as against ksu in the tourney. jj cannot get the boys to the next level yet. no, tech is not the next level.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 11

Kansas has whipped plenty of teams better than us in the Phog. They aren't the next level...they're about 2 levels above us. Disappointing? Yeah, but not THAT surprising. I said before the game I could see us getting blown out or hanging around like we did against A&M last year. Is A&M the next level? They were a solid program last several seasons and have won in the 1st round of the Dance four years in a row. We hung with them only losing by ten.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1

Kansas has whipped plenty of teams better than us in the Phog. They aren't the next level...they're about 2 levels above us. Disappointing? Yeah, but not THAT surprising. I said before the game I could see us getting blown out or hanging around like we did against A&M last year. Is A&M the next level? They were a solid program last several seasons and have won in the 1st round of the Dance four years in a row. We hung with them only losing by ten.

justify all you want. a 33 point loss is nothing to be happy about coach.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

justify all you want. a 33 point loss is nothing to be happy about coach.

Not happy at all. Just not disgusted like you seem to be. Remember that 07 team that played a top 10 Memphis team decently well in the Dance a few years ago? They got pile drived by a mediocre Nebraska team. All CBL was saying is take a deep breath and quit making this some sort of referendum on this year's team.

Not happy at all. Just not disgusted like you seem to be. Remember that 07 team that played a top 10 Memphis team decently well in the Dance a few years ago? They got pile drived by a mediocre Nebraska team. All CBL was saying is take a deep breath and quit making this some sort of referendum on this year's team.

Ignore him. He's a douche.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

It's effing Kansas.

You make some obviously good points. The loss was not devastating but it was disappointing. I did not expect a win but I hoped that NT could at least show better than the other mostly nobodies that KU had beat this year. KU beat Washburn by 30, Emphoria St. 31, Longwood 38 and Valparaiso 35. Yes NT losing by 33 with a veteran ball club was worse than I hoped. It is only one game but I don't think getting blown out is much of a help to the program.

• Upvote 2

You make some obviously good points. The loss was not devastating but it was disappointing. I did not expect a win but I hoped that NT could at least show better than the other mostly nobodies that KU had beat this year. KU beat Washburn by 30, Emphoria St. 31, Longwood 38 and Valparaiso 35. Yes NT losing by 33 with a veteran ball club was worse than I hoped. It is only one game but I don't think getting blown out is much of a help to the program.

It does not help the program at all...but I do not think that this blowout is anything a string of wins can't fix.

Yeah, it's Kansas so I am not real concerned how that game turned out.

Can I be concerned about Tristan's shooting so far this year?

2-16 from downtown and just .690 from the charity stripe.... :scared:

I can't really put my finger on exactly why, but Tristan and JJ's teams are notoriously slow starters. I was hoping that this year would be different after the big win on Tuesday. It's really important that we don't experience a Kansas hangover effect against Rice, because we've got a boatload of very winnable SWAC and SLC games coming up. Hopefully those games can help us come together enough to be ready for conference play and also pull off a big win down in Baton Rouge.

I drank the Kool aid!!! Thought we had a chance to seal one. I was wrong, but the one thing I learned is how much home court full house fan support means to a team!!! I hope mean green faithful continue to support UNT BB with 7,100 in attendance against lesser OOC and Sunbelt play. This was UNT's 3 game of the year so our team will improve a lot in my opinion. I have some left over Kool Aid so I hope by tournament time we'll far better against #1 though #3 seeds in the tournament on neutral floor.

JJ is still building something very special here so my biggest concern is that RV and BOR won't "PONY" up the resources necessary to keep JJ here long term. If they do it's only a matter of time before UNT will truly be able to compete with the likes of Kansas.

Every other Big 6 school that's under preforming is counting on stealing someone like JJ from smaller school like UNT.

I live in Houston so haven't been able to make a game in a long time. Hopefully new UNT fans from the TTech game and win will make up for my lack of attendance. We need 5,000 to 10,000 thousand in attendance every time JJ's team steps on the floor. If this happens RV can spend money on home games and our team national recognition will truly go off the charts.

Kansas beat Valpo by 35 and Valpo has great BB reputation, so I'm not ashamed of UNT's play at all. Great experience for the team. I know the 7,100 in attendance a TTech game had a lot to do with UNT's win last Tuesday. I'm very happy we're 1-1 against the Big XII this early in our season.

Go Mean Green!!!!

I drank the Kool aid!!! Thought we had a chance to seal one. I was wrong, but the one thing I learned is how much home court full house fan support means to a team!!! I hope mean green faithful continue to support UNT BB with 7,100 in attendance against lesser OOC and Sunbelt play. This was UNT's 3 game of the year so our team will improve a lot in my opinion. I have some left over Kool Aid so I hope by tournament time we'll far better against #1 though #3 seeds in the tournament on neutral floor.

JJ is still building something very special here so my biggest concern is that RV and BOR won't "PONY" up the resources necessary to keep JJ here long term. If they do it's only a matter of time before UNT will truly be able to compete with the likes of Kansas.

Every other Big 6 school that's under preforming is counting on stealing someone like JJ from smaller school like UNT.

I live in Houston so haven't been able to make a game in a long time. Hopefully new UNT fans from the TTech game and win will make up for my lack of attendance. We need 5,000 to 10,000 thousand in attendance every time JJ's team steps on the floor. If this happens RV can spend money on home games and our team national recognition will truly go off the charts.

Kansas beat Valpo by 35 and Valpo has great BB reputation, so I'm not ashamed of UNT's play at all. Great experience for the team. I know the 7,100 in attendance a TTech game had a lot to do with UNT's win last Tuesday. I'm very happy we're 1-1 against the Big XII this early in our season.

Go Mean Green!!!!

I am in agreement with UNT Mike and CBL...In the grand scheme of things, this loss doesn't mean much....Kansas has throttled elite programs at Phog much worse than UNT ... i.e. Roy Williams '89 team humilated Rick Patino's Kentucky Wildcats 150-95 (and if I recall UNT was closer at half than Kentucky ;) ) . UNT will be just fine come tournament time.

I need someone to make a road trip to SHSU with me. I think that one's on a Tuesday.

This one, we're making a weekend out of it and visiting the in-laws.

Weekday roadies unfortunately are a no-go for this Mean Green fan. :(