Smu's Tournament Starts Tonight

SUMG

Just pointing this out....because the Topsider wearin' Mofos....refuse to play us in hoops. They have a home tournament that starts tonight....and here's the other teams:

Lamar

UC-Riverside

Portland State

I'm guessing the University of Alaska-Anchorage, Maine, and Chaminade were unavailable.

SMU is and should be intimidated by us in basketball. There is no doubt about it. They do not want to get smacked around by a regional team, especially UNT. Moreover, they would prefer to have an empty stadium than to bring in the Mean Green and actually have some attendees, but lose.

Edited by chrisfisher

SMU is and should be intimidated by us in basketball. There is no doubt about it. They do not want to get smacked around by a regional team, especially UNT. Moreover, they would prefer to have an empty stadium than to bring in the Mean Green and actually have some attendees, but lose.

i talked to smu coach m.d. 4 years ago and during conversation i suggested a home & home with us. he replied that j.j. had put together a pretty good program and that he would pass. exact words to best of my recollection were " i don't think so."

OK, we're playing no. 7 Kansas and SMU is playing UC-Riverside...enough said about the difference in quality of the two metroplex programs.

hahaha that was a great post. i +1 'd on that one. a home and home with SMU would draw huge for both schools since we are sooooooo freakin close. TCU for that matter, but TCU is a long way from SMU for sure.

What will be really funny is when we tell SMU and TCU that we already have our Metroplex rivalry with UTA scheduled every year and this is between two teams that actually are vying for an NCAA Tournament berth. I doubt any SMU fan of the last 20 years even knows about that little postseason tournament. And, TCU really should be better than they are as a program with the league they play in and their location, so I don't really see any agvantage for us to help them out!! How is that for turning the tables on these two?!!