Wac Calling Again In A Few Hours

Arkstfan

This could get interesting because I'm not sure what the WAC does now. Also, I don't know if this means TCU is going to Big East or if this is to help TCU stay.

insurance? tcu says they will go to big east only if in includes all sports. big east says if nova moves up, they have 1 football only spot availble, 2 if they don't. with hawaii, mt. west now has by my count 11 football schools. loose tcu, they are back to 10 like big 12. keep tcu, they can add 1 for 12 teams and have a conference championship. my vegas bet would put e.c.u. and c.f.u. in big east for football only, with mt. west adding utah st.,utep, or houston. if they loose tcu,and add 2 teams to go to 12, i would expect them to stick to their roots which leaves houston in cusa. no matter what happens, this is a great move for hawaii.

Can we now stop the crazy NT to WAC discussions? Phillips, Vito and the Bleacher Report all had articles about that possibility recently, despite to any one's knowledge; NT ever showing any interest and it being a very bad idea. Although there are more than a few La Tech fans still singing the WAC praises over the Belt, they have passed from delusional to demented. The WAC will be lucky to even exist in any form in 2012, If I were UTSA or TSSM, I would be rethinking the WAC and maybe even fb division football. Their risk has been magnified at least, and at most their move ups may be in jeopardy. They may have gone too far to turn back but they may want to take a more cautious long term approach then getting involved with the WAC.

Edited by GrandGreen

anyone else susprised that mt.west would add a "football only" school? regardless, great move for hawaii!

Not at all surprising! Craig Thompson is posturing the Mountain West in preparation for the loss of TCU's football program to the Big East.

The Mountain West will also add two additional members to get to 12 teams. Utah State may be one of the teams considered, but there's rumors floating out of Colorado Springs that Houston and UTEP will be the final two to join.

Not at all surprising! Craig Thompson is posturing the Mountain West in preparation for the loss of TCU's football program to the Big East.

The Mountain West will also add two additional members to get to 12 teams. Utah State may be one of the teams considered, but there's rumors floating out of Colorado Springs that Houston and UTEP will be the final two to join.

I just so wish NT was involved in these talks. Seriously if Houston and UTEP leaves the for the MWC then even CUSA would be completely meh.

If NT could get into a MWC or CUSA alignment, I KNOW FOR A FACT that this entire athletic program would grow immediately, not just football. UNT has alot to offer- new football stadium, DFW market and recruiting land, new stadium, large enrollment. I think MWC or CUSA should give us a chance. I would love to see how much we could grow as an athletics department. It would be so awesome!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If NT could get into a MWC or CUSA alignment, I KNOW FOR A FACT that this entire athletic program would grow immediately, not just football. UNT has alot to offer- new football stadium, DFW market and recruiting land, new stadium, large enrollment. I think MWC or CUSA should give us a chance. I would love to see how much we could grow as an athletics department. It would be so awesome!

And DADDYDUMPSALOT will give more money too!

• Upvote 1

June Jones and SMU will make a monster push to get back West. Jones weilds power at the University he coaches at and he would love to play Hawaii and all of Western programs again. We need to make a push to get into the MWC and why not go with SMU. This would be a new salty western league:

Boise State - ID

Hawaii - HI

Wyoming - WY

New Mexico - NM

UNLV - NV

Nevada - NV

Colorado State - CO

Air Force - CO

San Diego State - CA

Fresno State - CA

North Texas - TX

SMU - TX

If you want Pacific and Mountain divisions you have:

Hawaii

Boise

SDSU

Fresno State

Reno

UNLV

Wyoming

North Texas

SMU

Air Force

Wyoming

Colorado State

New Mexico

Annual Championship game in Las Vegas.

Bowl Games include: Las Vegas Bowl, New Mexico Bowl, Humanitarian Bowl, Hawaii Bowl

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I hope we win the conference lotto too, but stop with the MWC talk.

There are no signs that the MWC is looking to add UNT or SMU.

This wishing and hoping for better things is what got the WAC into this mess in the first place. If the WAC had tended to their own and kept their footprint reasonable, maybe teams would be trying to leave as fast as possible.

June Jones and SMU will make a monster push to get back West. Jones weilds power at the University he coaches at and he would love to play Hawaii and all of Western programs again. We need to make a push to get into the MWC and why not go with SMU. This would be a new salty western league:

Boise State - ID

Hawaii - HI

Wyoming - WY

New Mexico - NM

UNLV - NV

Nevada - NV

Colorado State - CO

Air Force - CO

San Diego State - CA

Fresno State - CA

North Texas - TX

SMU - TX

If you want Pacific and Mountain divisions you have:

Hawaii

Boise

SDSU

Fresno State

Reno

UNLV

Wyoming

North Texas

SMU

Air Force

Wyoming

Colorado State

New Mexico

Annual Championship game in Las Vegas.

Bowl Games include: Las Vegas Bowl, New Mexico Bowl, Humanitarian Bowl, Hawaii Bowl

This has no chance of happening. SMU folks want nothing to do with us, plus the MWC will look at multiple markets--say Dallas and Houston or El Paso. Our chances to move to CUSA hinge deeply on SMU leaving. If that happens, we will get an invite very quickly. Some folks may not want ot join CUSA if it doesn't have SMU, UH, or UTEP, but it would be a step-up on the conference front still in a big way.