And The American League Mgr Of The Year Is...

...not Ron Washington. :argue:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AprPQlX7y1ba0Y96QZOYcZg5nYcB?slug=ap-managersoftheyear

I'm a fan of both teams, and I (as well as probably most Twins fans) completely disagree with this.

It's for the best.

The last thing we needed was Wash and Hamilton relapsing at a celebration party.

I am a Twins fan. I do not like Gardenhire as a manager for playoff games or series, but it is hard to argue with his results during the regular season. I think you can make a much better case for him to MOTY than Washington so this is one Twins fan that doesn't completely disagree with the award going to Gardenhire.

0-6. Or, throw it all in there and make it really ugly...2-12 against the Yankees. Postseason record: 6-21.

I'm sorry, but Gardenhire is the Twins' Dennis Green.

Edited by ColoradoEagle

0-6. Or, throw it all in there and make it really ugly...2-12 against the Yankees. Postseason record: 6-21.

I'm sorry, but Gardenhire is the Twins' Dennis Green.

I'm sorry too, but the award isn't for his career (though I am sure the 5 second place finishes helped move him up on some ballots) but rather for this season. The Twins played the second half without Morneau and the entire season without Nathan. Mauer battled injuries part of the year along with Thome, not to mention how he handled the crowded outfield/DH spots and the Twins still blew the White Sox out of the water.

The Rangers didn't have any real competition this year, unlike the Twins and that may have hurt Wash too.

I'm sorry too, but the award isn't for his career (though I am sure the 5 second place finishes helped move him up on some ballots) but rather for this season. The Twins played the second half without Morneau and the entire season without Nathan. Mauer battled injuries part of the year along with Thome, not to mention how he handled the crowded outfield/DH spots and the Twins still blew the White Sox out of the water.

The Rangers didn't have any real competition this year, unlike the Twins and that may have hurt Wash too.

It's been a while since I've heard anyone mention the AL Central as "competition". Rangers played without Hamilton for a significant amount of time as well as Francisco.

Gardenhire does a decent enough job, but after two ALDS being smeared by the Yankees, I'm ready for a change. I'd almost rather they not go to the postseason at all than go and get knocked out every time. Hence, Gardenhire =

It's been a while since I've heard anyone mention the AL Central as "competition". Rangers played without Hamilton for a significant amount of time as well as Francisco.

Gardenhire does a decent enough job, but after two ALDS being smeared by the Yankees, I'm ready for a change. I'd almost rather they not go to the postseason at all than go and get knocked out every time. Hence, Gardenhire =

You will get no argument from me about Gardy's failure to beat the Yankees or win in the postseason, but that isn't what this award is about.

Hamilton played in 133 games this year and had 518 at bats, ranking 4th on the team in ABs.

Morneau Played in 81 games and had just 296 at bats, ranking 9th on the team in ABs.

The AL West is almost never very competitive, the Central is almost always very competitive (prior to this season there was a tie after 162 games in each of the previous two seasons).

My favorite jokes today about Gardenhire's win:

Ron got halfway to the podium to accept the award, but then got stuck halfway waiting for someone to bunt him over.

Ron grabbed the award and started to thank his players, but Joe Girardi swept him off the stage with a broom before he could even get through the intro.

Sportzlolz

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As a life long and die hard Rangers fan. Ummm not so much buddy.

And this was a two man race and I think Gardy deserved it....but if Wash won it I would have said the same thing. I think people forget the man got his team to win 95 games and seriously...after Morneau, Mauer, and maybe Nathan...there are no recognizable figures there. He did a fabulous job. It just so happens at the Yanks are their current nemesis.

Edited by Green Mean