Storming The Court & The Mailbag

MeanGreen61

act like we have been there before.

And when have we been there before? Generally, we've had little success against the big conferences. We will get to the point of not doing this, but we are witnessing the rise of a program that has a lot of potential. It's exciting for students and alumni.

When we've won some tournament games and start consistently knocking off big conference schools and ranked opponents, then we will act like we've been there before. But until we've been there before, enjoy the ride.

• Upvote 2

The team played their hearts out and won that game in front of a pretty packed house and great student turnout. The students and crowd sounded very spirited and I imagine the team responded to that. I gotta think it made the players feel good when the students rushed the court to celebrate with them. I think the players deserve that...

• Upvote 2

And when have we been there before? Generally, we've had little success against the big conferences. We will get to the point of not doing this, but we are witnessing the rise of a program that has a lot of potential. It's exciting for students and alumni.

When we've won some tournament games and start consistently knocking off big conference schools and ranked opponents, then we will act like we've been there before. But until we've been there before, enjoy the ride.

JJ is 3-0 at home versus Big 12 schools.

I'm not saying...

• Upvote 1

act like we have been there before. save the storming of the court for beating someone more important than texas tech.

what team in the last few years that have played in the Pit, that we have beaten, would you recommend that is more important...I can't think of any. we play in the sunbelt and many of the prior non conference games were much lesser teams than Tech.

The team played their hearts out and won that game in front of a pretty packed house and great student turnout. The students and crowd sounded very spirited and I imagine the team responded to that. I gotta think it made the players feel good when the students rushed the court to celebrate with them. I think the players deserve that...

I'll take the spirit any day over apathy. It will be nice to get to the point where we don't do this, but it is even nicer to see enthusiasm. So, I say let the students have their celebration.

• Upvote 1

Winning over a large BCS type university this early does attract some attention from students, sports fans, and the media...

-- I hope we can stay very competitive against KU ... in fact ... a win would really get us a lot of attention and votes in the rankings.

Strange things have happened.... Our Memphis game a couple of years ago in the NCAA tournament was one of them.. We led most of the first half and they eventually made the NCAA final.

JJ is 3-0 at home versus Big 12 schools.

I'm not saying...

One of those teams was Baylor after they went through all that stuff regarding the player death. They still had a couple good players but I don't think the team's heart was in the game at the beginning of the season.