I Have To Say.....

meanrob

Fixed.

You will not name one head football coach currenly employed on good terms coming to NT and that is a fact. Call it as it is. If you want to think big time Plumm, then think Big Time. The big time programs hire "up-and-comers" all the time. The difference is, their "up-and-comers" are either head coaches at non-bcs schools or coordinators at top 25 bcs schools. You don't want to go "big time" and hire an "up-and-coming" head coach from a FCS program or other non-bcs program or a successful coordinator from a BCS program.

You want to try and catch lightning in a bottle by hiring a falling star. You are thinking small time using the fallacy that because these guys were successful once upon a time at big programs that they would be successful at NORTH TEXAS and that is not necessarily the case. The guys you are in support of are unemployed for a reason, let us not forget that.

I agree 100%. Every star coach has to make a start somewhere and sometimes hiring an unproven guy turns out to be a program-changer. I'm not saying for sure they should hire Canales, but if he keeps this up how can you turn him away?

• Downvote 1

Fixed.

You will not name one head football coach currenly employed on good terms coming to NT and that is a fact. Call it as it is. If you want to think big time Plumm, then think Big Time. The big time programs hire "up-and-comers" all the time. The difference is, their "up-and-comers" are either head coaches at non-bcs schools or coordinators at top 25 bcs schools. You don't want to go "big time" and hire an "up-and-coming" head coach from a FCS program or other non-bcs program or a successful coordinator from a BCS program.

You want to try and catch lightning in a bottle by hiring a falling star. You are thinking small time using the fallacy that because these guys were successful once upon a time at big programs that they would be successful at NORTH TEXAS and that is not necessarily the case. The guys you are in support of are unemployed for a reason, let us not forget that.

First of all, Hayden Fry was unemployed for a most definte reason when our UNT Prez' Jitter Nolen took the bull by the horns and hired Fry himself: Nevertheless. Fry got fired from SMU! :blink: Lets move on...

WWLR'sD?

I haven't been the one naming coaches non-stop albeit weeks ago I did vote for Coach Fran on Harry's poll. I have said on this same thread that as one alum I would support any proven commodity and that still stands. Also said I would support Canales if Rawlins, Neinas and Rick V all 3 think he is the coach to usher in a very important new era of Mean Green football

BUT CAN WE STILL DISCUSS THIS SINCE YOU SOMEWHAT CALLED ME OUT JUST A TAD?

And Cr1028, what is it that you want to catch in a bottle? The same results we've seen time and time again with the same kind of project hires at UNT we've seen for an entire generation now? Again, just maybe we should try another route in Denton for a change? Like the first non-project coach's hire at UNT for the the first time in 30 plus years? WWLR'sD?

I will still defer to WWLR'sD; that is, what will our new UNT President Lane Rawlins do with all this--the same ol' 6 & 7? Many are depending on him being the main cog that breaks this terrible cycle of bad hires we've had going in Denton for how long? How about many of our adult lives since 30 plus years would create that for the middle aged and up group. I asked an alum last week how many times were we ranked even in the Top 50 during that span of time. He didn't know but I told him I thought: NO TOP 50 RANKING IN ANY MAJOR VARSITY SPORT AT UNT.

Don't Let Yourselves Be In For A Big Time Let Down: Dr. Rawlins does come from Big Time athletic environments even as a president at his last 2 stop-overs and I predict he will use a similar criteria that schools just like the ones he served in the past used to hire their coaches. It would probably be safe to say it would not be the same UNT has been using as their criteria for 3 plus decades.

Another alum brought this up while back "why would they retain Chuck Neinas again, pay him all that money, too, just to recommend someone someone in Denton (or UNT Athletic Dept) felt we had on a "one man" short list the whole time? UNT does not have that kind of money to throw around to the Chuck Neinas' of this world. Yet how will the assistant coach we are all discussing stack up against the Jim Leavitts, the Dennis Franciones (or his Texas-based JUCO HFC son); the Steve Kragthorpes and what some feel will be a couple of surprise names that the DRC or this message board have yet to uncover? Of course, another surprise would be there would be no surpise candidates, too. :rolleyes:

Answer this? Will Chuck Neinas jeapordize his consultant business to recommend a coach because a few of his followers have been beating the drums of support on campus, with campus or civic groups and trying to impress on all UNT alums (even if those alums said they preferred another hiring direction) "that their guy is entitled" for the UNT job because he's paid his dues? You say his dues? Lets put it another way here: He's been a non HFC for the last 25 years so that makes him our man even in light of the high stakes and need of somone who will help UNT sell more season tickets than Dodge/Canales group inspired for this season?

Whoever President Rawlins, Chuck Neinas and Rick V come up with most of us have already said we will bury the hatchet, sing Kum Bah Yah, unify and support; but what about those on this board drinking all the Canales-Cool-ade of which a handful have been attempting to intimidate or all but bully those not drinking the Canales Cool-Ade? Not a good approach I'd bet our UNT powers would think.

I've never felt more confident that this UNT president, this UNT Board of Regents with recommendations from consultant Chuck Neinas who gets paid to give recommendations will put a high powered microscope on all the resumes they get (or have already gotten) and get us the right choice and................if it's Canales...............so be it. We then move forward.

Re-alignment talk, anyone? B)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Steve Kragthorpe's record as a head coach is like 44-43 and 15-21 for his last stop in Louisville. He took a preseason top 10 team with, I believe, 5 NFL players coming off a major bowl win and went 6-6 and wound up being fired. Based on what he did last as HC, I don't see what recommends him over an up and coming assistant.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Be Put On Notice This: One alum (and it wasn't me) has already reported to Rawlins the guerilla warfare kind of "isolate & demonize" tactics Canales supporters (most with very few posts) have used toward longtime supporters of UNT and I will take a wild guess that he will not be amused with that style and that's a fact, Jack.

OK, it was a poster who works at UNT Health Science Center at Fort Worth whose connected, but that's all I can or will say.

That's ironic because one alum I know reported to Rawlins that UNT just won 2 of 3 games by isolating and demonizing the competition. He's well connected also. He said Rawlins was very pleased with this tactical approach. That's a fact Jack!

Must be nice to be so connected like you Jimmy...

Edited by SAM Coach
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

That's ironic because one alum I know reported to Rawlins that UNT just won 2 of 3 games by isolating and demonizing the competition. He's well connected also. He said Rawlins was very pleased with this tactical approach. That's a fact Jack!

I stand by what I will thank you for highlighting so effectively and one of the main themes with some of that group was:

"How come this guy's obvious smack board hit squad think there is such an "entitlement" for him to get our UNT HFC's job? 25 years as an assistant coach and beating SBC schools with losing records gives him that entitlement? Oh, brother........."

I feel Lane Rawlins will take the recommendation of Chuck Neinas and "suggest" to our AD who we probably need to hire. I (with others) wish our AD would have nipped much of this in the bud when he could have.

That's all...signing out...good night, irene!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

And Cr1028, what is it that you want to catch in a bottle? The same results we've seen time and time again with the same kind of project hires at UNT we've seen for an entire generation now? Again, just maybe we should try another route in Denton for a change? Like the first non-project coach's hire at UNT for the the first time in 30 plus years? WWLR'sD?

Don't Let Yourselves Be In For A Big Time Let Down: Dr. Rawlins does come from Big Time athletic environments even as a president at his last 2 stop-overs and I predict he will use a similar criteria that schools just like the ones he served in the past used to hire their coaches. It would probably be safe to say it would not be the same UNT has been using as their criteria for 3 plus decades.

Answer this? Will Chuck Neinas jeapordize his consultant business to recommend a coach because a few of his followers have been beating the drums of support on campus, with campus or civic groups and trying to impress on all UNT alums (even if those alums said they preferred another hiring direction) "that their guy is entitled" for the UNT job because he's paid his dues? You say his dues? Lets put it another way here: He's been a non HFC for the last 25 years so that makes him our man even in light of the high stakes and need of somone who will help UNT sell more season tickets than Dodge/Canales group inspired for this season?

Plumm, I said nowhere in my post that Canales was THE guy but I think both he and Mark Stoops are a bit more qualified than any of our "project hires" of the past 30 years. None of the coaches you term as "projects" had their level of experience at bcs-level programs. Also, here is a news flash for you even though it has been pointed out before, Fran, Leavitt or anyone else is STILL a project hire until they win at NORTH TEXAS.

• Upvote 1

I stand by what I will thank you for highlighting so effectively and one of the main themes with some of that group was:

"How come this guy's obvious smack board hit squad think there is such an "entitlement" for him to get our UNT HFC's job? 25 years as an assistant coach and beating SBC schools with losing records gives him that entitlement? Oh, brother........."

I feel Lane Rawlins will take the recommendation of Chuck Neinas and "suggest" to our AD who we probably need to hire. I (with others) wish our AD would have nipped much of this in the bud when he could have.

That's all...signing out...good night, irene!

That's why I highlighted YOUR WORDS Jimmy. You're are so connected and talk to so many people with so much insight that I wanted to engrave your comments on my signature.

"Entitlement"? Dude please! Your opinion means no more than any of the other posters on this board. "Smack board hit squad"? WTF -There isn't a poster that talks more smack than you. You've got so much red as a result of all the shat you talk, a year supply of tampons wouldn't bail you out.

Edited by SAM Coach
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Plumm, I said nowhere in my post that Canales was THE guy but I think both he and Mark Stoops are a bit more qualified than any of our "project hires" of the past 30 years. None of the coaches you term as "projects" had their level of experience at bcs-level programs. Also, here is a news flash for you even though it has been pointed out before, Fran, Leavitt or anyone else is STILL a project hire until they win at NORTH TEXAS.

Semantics? Defintion of Terms?

You guys need to defer your future thoughts on all this to Lane Rawlins from now on. He will be the one you need to convince--not anyone on this forum.

For other posters to whom this fits, notice how the group that wants another HFC hire direction this time around are not private messaging yall ad nausem as to try to change your minds?

Again, defer all your new HFC posts to the one who will decide. Otherwise, all you are doing from now on on this subject is working on your keyboarding WPM (words per minute).

GMG!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

He doesn't care about the junior high popularity contest, just what is best for North Texas.

Rick

Really? So Jim Plummer writing letters to school administrators telling them how to do their job is what's best for North Texas? Really? Let's not forget the fact that these are highly compensated administrators with years of experience making these types of decisions. I sincerely doubt a part time DJ/message board troll has any influence on their decision. But, if Jimmy wants to keep writing his letters, than dat-gummit Jimmy you keep writing your letters.

Peace out!

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

Well, to start off with, I am NOWHERE near as connected as Plumm. However, I do want to share some scoop I heard recently. Namely, my best friend's sister's boyfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl that saw Franchione talking about interviewing for the UNT job at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

• Upvote 1

Really? So Jim Plummer writing letters to school administrators telling them how to do their job is what's best for North Texas? Really? Let's not forget the fact that these are highly compensated administrators with years of experience making these types of decisions. I sincerely doubt a part time DJ/message board troll has any influence on their decision. But, if Jimmy wants to keep writing his letters, than dat-gummit Jimmy you keep writing your letters.

Peace out!

Yes, REALLY! So you keep on a truckin being the best gol-darned anonymous message board troll you are and keep worrying bout what he writes, ya hear?

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

You've got so much red as a result of all the shat you talk, a year supply of tampons wouldn't bail you out.

I don't think you quite know how the female vagina works.

Can anyone help him out?

• Upvote 3