Post Game Interview

Newfan

Coach Canales is the guy for next years Head Coaching Job at North Texas. I'm not saying sign him to a long 5 year deal, but sign him for 1 or 2 years and see what he can do with HIS TEAM.

As I sat back tonight and thought about our team and how they have responded over the past 3 weeks, our success is due to this coach's player/coach relationship. Watching Coach Canales during his post game comments will give you a small taste of the excitement he brings to this football team. He wants this job, is passionate for not only his players but the coaches around him. This excitement is contagious and we are seeing the by product of this excitement overnight. We are finishing these tight games with Wins and not "Tough Loses". Please, watch him in this video and think what will our team's attitude be like after his direction and excitement over next summer and into Spring training workouts. Then ask yourself, would I play for this guy? If he would have had this team a year ago and was the head coach at the beginning of this season, I have no doubt we would all be on Bourbon Street come December. You can't help but want to go to battle with Coach Canales.

He is the guy we need to take us to the next level and consistently win at this new level. RV is a smart man and I have confidence he will make the right decision. We are very lucky to have both RV and Coach Canales at this time.

Go Mean Green!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Another point I forgot to make about Coach Canales. I like how positive he is and how he always finishes his answers with a positive flavor. Talks about what they did wrong, but finishes with working hard, staying focused, correcting mistakes, and how they will win football games as a result of taking care of business. Yesterday's "Tough loses" are now "Tough Wins" like we saw today. The belief we can do it and we will win this football game. Great Leader

Edited by MeanGreen01
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How can you not like this guy? He's genuine, and will raise the level of this program to unforseen heights quickly.

Agreed, I watched the post game interview and continued to think, "this guy is for real". He seems to be making great football decisions on the field, great with the players (after yesterday I can't bring myself to call them kids anymore), he seems very at home in front of the media and can get more than a few words out that make sense, marketing and promotion savvy, and WANTS THE JOB!!

But......where does it out us to know the admin will spend $650/yr plus if the right guy comes along?? Does that change anything??? Who is out there that would be better than Chico??

I'm getting really comfortable with a Canales call! Let's go Chico!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Agreed, I watched the post game interview and continued to think, "this guy is for real". He seems to be making great football decisions on the field, great with the players (after yesterday I can't bring myself to call them kids anymore), he seems very at home in front of the media and can get more than a few words out that make sense, marketing and promotion savvy, and WANTS THE JOB!!

But......where does it out us to know the admin will spend $650/yr plus if the right guy comes along?? Does that change anything??? Who is out there that would be better than Chico??

I'm getting really comfortable with a Canales call! Let's go Chico!

plus 1 million!

Dang! I just listened to the interview for the first time, and he got me all pumped up about UNT Football... I like how he doesn't mince words about his strong desire to be our head coach. We have to keep this guy around one way or another. He is winner with a winner's mentality. I hope things work out for him whatever the outcome of the head coach search.

Do we not have more pride in our university? Of course he wants the job, why wouldn't he?? He accepted the offensive coordinator position why on earth would he not want the HC job?

When I read other people saying "Canales wants the job", who the freak cares? Other people want the job too. Have more pride in your university, just because someone wants the job doesn't mean they deserve it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2