Reality Check -Forget Leach

MizzouTigers

It's simply unrealistic to think Leach would consider the job. No offense to you guys, but Leach will wait for a bigger and better offer and he will have them. North Texas has a lot of potential to be a great program with the right work-a-holic in charge.

Hire Jim Leavitt NOW! He hired Canales twice, so he knows how to work with him. Get Leavitt on the ground now and he will kick it up a notch and close out the year on the upswing, put some butts in the seats for your last homes games and get started recruiting both Texas and Florida.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If an outsider is hired, there is no way he will begin coaching before the season is over.

And how is that abnormal? There is not any reason to think that we should try to get someone in quick or that a candidate would want to get in during the season. Most coaches are going to want to wait until the dust settles and see what jobs are available.

And how is that abnormal? There is not any reason to think that we should try to get someone in quick or that a candidate would want to get in during the season. Most coaches are going to want to wait until the dust settles and see what jobs are available.

I was responding to the O.P. who suggested Leavitt could begin coaching before the season is over.

I knew Leavitt in college at Mizzou where he was a standout defensive back and baseball player for the Tigers.

I notice your last home game is with Kansas State. If anyone in the country could coach North Texas to a win over his old boss, Bill Snyder, it would be Jim Leavitt. How would you like to close out the year with a quality win over a Big 12 Team?

• Upvote 3

How would you like to close out the year with a quality win over a Big 12 Team?

How would you like to explore an exciting opportunity in the world of multi-level marketing? Your earning potential is limited only by your imagination!

Through the proven wealth potential of the Golden Triangle, you too can live the life of riches and luxury that you and your family have always deserved!

Just PM me and I'll get you signed up and tell you how to pay for your business starter kit.

How about focusing on your game with OU?

Or at least not wasting the effort here?

Rick Villarreal: Email and Phone. Let HIM know. If you spent 30 seconds searching the forum, you'd know that Leavitt is a pretty popular candidate.

But telling us we ought to hire him like we're a bunch of idiots who don't even realize we ought to want him makes me so annoyed, I swear I could just grab you by the throat and slam you into a locker or something.

I knew Leavitt in college at Mizzou where he was a standout defensive back and baseball player for the Tigers.

THAT is where he learned his patented "horse-collar motivation" technique. :D

Seriously, Leavitt is just what we need at this time, provided his legal issues get resolved.

Leavitt hit one of his players in front of his team during half time of a game and then tried to cover it up. This is the worst suggestion ever!

Haven't you ever done something you regretted in a rit of fealous jage?

Yeah, the cover-up exposes a character flaw, Homer, I agree. Enough to scrutinize and grill him about that aspect of his personality. Not enough to bar him from the coaching profession as long as there is not an existing pattern of behavior there.

I wish he had just had the courage to say, "yeah, I'm sorry, I'm human, I eff'd up!".

How about focusing on your game with OU?

I think Gary Pinkel & Company have that in hand and they don't need me to do any focusing.

Unfortunately (sort of), I will be flying to Ft Lauderdale/Miami and miss the game and homecoming to do two 7 day cruises down in the Caribbean. Jim, though, will be there to visit his alma mater and his old buddy (and former co-defensive coordinator under Bill Snyder) Bobby Stoops.

You can laugh all you want, but Leavitt is your best option to get a proven, winning head coach. You guys need to get a grip and come to the realization you ain't Texas Tech...or even Baylor.

I can tell you this, RV is definitely not scoffing at the idea.

I actually think most of us are cool with Leavitt (I know I am). He has a ton of support in our unscientific poll! But like Tasty said, I hate when other folks come on our board and treat us like idiots.

Yeah! Back when I played, coaches smacked players around and were proud of it!

I only played in high school and we got physically "motivated" by coaches whenever we deserved it. If I had told my father, he would have kicked my ass for being such a complaining sissy!

It never went overboard and was part of the learning process. Made us stronger and more focused.