A Lesson From Josh Rake

I saw that it said he had been ejected from the vehicle, but not that he in fact hadn't been wearing a seat belt. Correct, no one should ever ride in a vehicle without being belted in. I know, free country, whatever. I hope if I go before my time I can donate as many organs as people can use.

Dude, people don't like truth. Especially when it involves people they knew well. It's not that people won't, at a certain intellectual level, agree with you. But, with the wounds so fresh and close, people won't want to hear it.

It is directed at those that aren't immediately affected and wrought with emotion overload.

Most the football team didn't know Rake, he just recently started suiting up for practice. It is still a powerful lesson, far beyond the "life is short" "live like there is no tomorrow" "better get to know god" generic talk about death. In Lewisville there is a billboard with the graphic of some HS student that killed himself driving drunk. It looks like it was put up by his family to help drive the point to the general audience how it is a critically poor decision to drive drunk.

Be sure to tell your family that you are a registered organ donor. All the time surgeons are in a bad spot trying to tell a wife that her husband is an organ donor and there is a nearly violent reaction to say it isn't the case.

Any how, carry on. I just thought it was important enough to talk about and get into the collective mind.

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1