Coach Canales - Great Job With The Play Calling!

MeanGreen01

I thought he did a fantastic job with creating more favorable match ups and getting the ball in play makers' hands. I like not only how he fits perfectly into our type of offensive, but his resume shows that can take a program from startup to becoming a big time program.(ie. South Florida)

Kudos to our Athletic Dept. for going out and getting him.

Go MEAN GREEN

Edited by MeanGreen01
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I thought he did a fantastic job with creating more favorable match ups and getting the ball in play makers' hands. I like not only how he fits perfectly into our type of offensive, but his resume shows that can take a program from startup to becoming a big time program.(ie. South Florida)

Go MEAN GREEN

I thought his schemes kept the Clemson defense guessing. Coach Dodge did a great job finding Coach Canales and getting him aboard.

• Upvote 2

I thought his schemes kept the Clemson defense guessing. Coach Dodge did a great job finding Coach Canales and getting him aboard.

Yes, "Coach Dodge" surely did. :rolleyes::)

I'm sure Canales would like to contribute his part to the entire coaching staff getting to come back next year, too, in the new stadium Todd Dodge told North Texas almost the day he was hired we had to have to even breathe in the Sun Belt (a conference which had passed us by quite effectively in wins & recruiting 2 years before Dodge's hiring).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Legit question...was Canales more of a RV find/hiring or was it Dodge that pretty much initiated the whole thing from beginning to end?

I'm sure RV's seal of approval was needed before the deal was finalized, but finding and getting Canales was entirely Dodge's doing.

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=204876836

MeanGreenSports: Pull the curtain back a little bit on the hiring process and take us through the three week process of finding a new OC?

Dodge: "It's been about three weeks and I did all kinds of research on different kinds of offenses throughout the country. I looked at the different kinds of experience that guys had and as we talked with different guys we found that Mike was absolutely the best fit."

"I decided as we went through the search that if I couldn't find what I was looking for, a guy who could come in and coach QB's and be the OC, I would have to go in another direction."

"I knew about Mike and was researching him before everything happened at South Florida. I did not call him until everything was completed at South Florida and I knew he was available."

"From the time that I first called him, to the interview, picking him up and dropping him off at the airport, to everything else, it took place in around 10 days."

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

Legit question...was Canales more of a RV find/hiring or was it Dodge that pretty much initiated the whole thing from beginning to end?

I think it was Dodge, as far as we are concerned it was Dodge no doubt.

I don't think you can cram a 7 game win ultimatum down his throat and force coaches on Dodge as well.

Go MEAN GREEN

Great hire...and I bet our next HC ! Of course, I would like to see the MG go bowling and TD stay...means the changes done over the last couple of years have worked.