Norris Commits To Unt

Brett Vito

I saw JJ at the AC today. I told him "I'd really like to land that power forward who was here this week". His reply, "I'm trying to get this guy" and he pointed to a kid who was walking with him. I think it was Norris.

I too would really like that PF...

I too would really like that PF...

I really hope recruits do read message boards.

http://www.ponyfans.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=3

On pages 5 & 6 the ponies claim Devonta Abron is not CUSA caliber, too dumb to get into SMU, and doesn't really have offers from Arkansas and aTm. Tell me again how they're not all jackasses?

I really hope recruits do read message boards.

http://www.ponyfans....ewforum.php?f=3

On pages 5 & 6 the ponies claim Devonta Abron is not CUSA caliber, too dumb to get into SMU, and doesn't really have offers from Arkansas and aTm. Tell me again how they're not all jackasses?

I used to think everyone on here was complaining about SMU people for no good reason, then I read some recent topics on ponyfans and was blown away by the douchebaggery.

• Upvote 1

I used to think everyone on here was complaining about SMU people for no good reason, then I read some recent topics on ponyfans and was blown away by the douchebaggery.

I still think some...probably you included, Emmitt...would be better suited just ignoring them as they're really insignificant...but yeah, they're cocks.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

I still think some...probably you included, Emmitt...would be better suited just ignoring them as they're really insignificant...but yeah, they're cocks.

I care about SMU basketball like I care about UTSA football.

Meaning: I don't give a flying intercourse until they start competing on the D-1 level.

They can all have fun in fantasy land. Meanwhile, we'll be over here racking up more 20 win seasons, NCAA berths, and National Top 150 commits.

• Upvote 3

Why all the asshole UNT fans over there posting on their board? It's one thing if it's witty, but that Glick guy is throwin' up some weak shit. That's embarrassing.

It really would pay to be a bit more cordial to them. I see no reason why the one guys comment of having a DFW area tournament with UNT, UTA, SMU, and TCU can't be done. The attendance would be high and coverage from local media would be high. Throw in some other area schools if they're interested.

With UTAs new stadium coming online, it could put fans in seats in everyone's arena on a rotation.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Why all the asshole UNT fans over there posting on their board? It's one thing if it's witty, but that Glick guy is throwin' up some weak shit. That's embarrassing.

It really would pay to be a bit more cordial to them. I see no reason why the one guys comment of having a DFW area tournament with UNT, UTA, SMU, and TCU can't be done. The attendance would be high and coverage from local media would be high. Throw in some other area schools if they're interested.

With UTAs new stadium coming online, it could put fans in seats in everyone's arena on a rotation.

What exactly was weak reagarding anything I posted? They think they are better than us in basketball when they aren't. I guess you consider me posting SMU's unimpressive set of OOC wins last year as weak. They are not cordial to us, why should we be to them? SMU, TCU would never agree to a metroplex tournament because they would be the two worst teams in it...How hard is it to realize that SMU or TCU will never play us in any sport during a time when we are better in that sport?

Edited by glick1980

What exactly was weak reagarding anything I posted? They think they are better than us in basketball when they aren't. I guess you consider me posting SMU's unimpressive set of OOC wins last year as weak. They are not cordial to us, why should we be to them? SMU, TCU would never agree to a metroplex tournament because they would be the two worst teams in it...How hard is it to realize that SMU or TCU will never play us in any sport during a time when we are better in that sport?

Man, give it a rest. Let them think they are better than us. Who gives a damn? Obviously recruits pick us over them. They know we're better. Our fans posting over there just looks awful.

Don't be this guy:

someoneiswrongoninternet.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Man, give it a rest. Let them think they are better than us. Who gives a damn? Obviously recruits pick us over them. They know we're better. Our fans posting over there just looks awful.

Don't be this guy:

someoneiswrongoninternet.jpg

So I can't tell someone they were wrong on the internet, but you can tell me I am wrong....That makes sense....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

So I can't tell someone they were wrong on the internet, but you can tell me I am wrong....That makes sense....

There's a difference between saying it on this msg board and saying it on theirs. When we post over there, it looks like we are seeking out confrontation and actually care about what they are saying about us.

• Upvote 2

The SMU fans are who we thought they were.

:huh:

Seriously, I work in a company that has an unusually high number of SMU grads. They are, shall we say, full of the same crap fed to them all their lives by their family and friends about how they are so much better than the rest of the world. They believe money buys intelligence, wisdom, class, and popularity. They truly believe that their $250,000 education is superior than what you can get for $25,000 at UNT. Nothing will convince them otherwise.

Several of them, while discussing Collin Mangrum going to SMU for law school, questioned how he got admitted and surmised that he must be wait-listed.

The SMU fans are who we thought they were.

:huh:

Seriously, I work in a company that has an unusually high number of SMU grads. They are, shall we say, full of the same crap fed to them all their lives by their family and friends about how they are so much better than the rest of the world. They believe money buys intelligence, wisdom, class, and popularity. They truly believe that their $250,000 education is superior than what you can get for $25,000 at UNT. Nothing will convince them otherwise.

That Nick guy on their board has a serious issue with us. Some of their "humor" is harmless smack talk, but much of it is personal. Calling a recruit "dumb" because he has an offer from UNT is not harmless smack talk. That is personal. And nobody on their board even blinked an eye at such a crude comment. Just business as usual in ponyland.

That Nick guy on their board has a serious issue with us. Some of their "humor" is harmless smack talk, but much of it is personal. Calling a recruit "dumb" because he has an offer from UNT is not harmless smack talk. That is personal. And nobody on their board even blinked an eye at such a crude comment. Just business as usual in ponyland.

You are taking message board threads, between cross-town colleges, a bit too seriously. Lots of misinformation on both boards. Yes, SMU wanted Williams so that's a win for UNT, no they never offered Trey Norris. He played very poorly at their elite camp. Both schools are recruiting quite well. UNT got Williams & Trey last week, SMU got Eric Norman and then had visits from Jalen Jones, Geoff Groselle & Cannen Cunningham all since Friday.

You are taking message board threads, between cross-town colleges, a bit too seriously. Lots of misinformation on both boards. Yes, SMU wanted Williams so that's a win for UNT, no they never offered Trey Norris. He played very poorly at their elite camp. Both schools are recruiting quite well. UNT got Williams & Trey last week, SMU got Eric Norman and then had visits from Jalen Jones, Geoff Groselle & Cannen Cunningham all since Friday.

You are correct about who visit Friday, but you are far from correct about Trey at their Elite camp. Trey play at Elite camp is what made Jordan Williams decide on UNT. SMU did offer Trey as well.

Several of them, while discussing Collin Mangrum going to SMU for law school, questioned how he got admitted and surmised that he must be wait-listed.

While I'm sure the guy who posted that is a real jerk...he does have a kick ass screen name.

Pony! Poni! Pone!

Also...we seem to have a new SMU poster...

You are correct about who visit Friday, but you are far from correct about Trey at their Elite camp. Trey play at Elite camp is what made Jordan Williams decide on UNT. SMU did offer Trey as well.

Doherty never offered Trey and it wasn't close. Their assistant, Reggie Brown, really likes Trey quite a bit, so I wasn't posting to slight lil Trey. Doh often has a very tough time pulling the trigger, even if he should. This is but one reason Lutz left for Creighton. Doh would never pull the trigger on good kids. Trey is a good kid and player. As for SMU elite camp, I was there, and Trey was never the best guard on the floor, in a camp w/o high end PG prospects. In fact Tyler James had far more buzz coming out of the camp, than did Norris. Don't take this the wrong way, but Trey needs to shoot a lot better to compensate for being tiny. Kid is a good pick-up for the Mean Green.

FWIW, I'm more a hoops industry guy than fan of either individual school, so I come w/o real bias. Just good prospect discussions here

Edited by HoopManX

Doherty never offered Trey and it wasn't close. Their assistant, Reggie Brown, really likes Trey quite a bit, so I wasn't posting to slight lil Trey. Doh often has a very tough time pulling the trigger, even if he should. This is but one reason Lutz left for Creighton. Doh would never pull the trigger on good kids. Trey is a good kid and player. As for SMU elite camp, I was there, and Trey was never the best guard on the floor, in a camp w/o high end PG prospects. In fact Tyler James had far more buzz coming out of the camp, than did Norris. Don't take this the wrong way, but Trey needs to shoot a lot better to compensate for being tiny. Kid is a good pick-up for the Mean Green.

FWIW, I'm more a hoops industry guy than fan of either individual school, so I come w/o real bias. Just good prospect discussions here

Nothing personal at all. I love talking basketball. I was there too and Trey looked great. There were a few other guards, at what I thought was a very watered down "Elite" camp, but Trey more than held his own. Trey is a true point. He looks to get others involved first, then score as a secondary option. His shot is improving, but for what he does, he is solid. And he may be "tiny," but he benches 220 and squats 400 already.

Nothing personal at all. I love talking basketball. I was there too and Trey looked great. There were a few other guards, at what I thought was a very watered down "Elite" camp, but Trey more than held his own. Trey is a true point. He looks to get others involved first, then score as a secondary option. His shot is improving, but for what he does, he is solid. And he may be "tiny," but he benches 220 and squats 400 already.

SMU elite camp was very watered down, only 3 kids in the entire gym w/commitable offers in Jalen Jones, Karim york & Keaton Miles, who was in street clothes. Next closest were Trey, AJ Price(street clothes), and Kyle Kager. Kager just gave his verbal to American, FWIW. You are right, Trey did more than hold his own, he just wasn't dominant vs. a subpar PG crop. That said, what did you think of Tyler James? Nobody had heard of the kid pre-camp, and he really opened eyes w/his size and cerebral nature. Dropped some bombs too. Be interesting to see what level he ends up being recruited, if at all.

UNT will be happy w/Trey. Its hard to determine if SMU really needs a PG or not. They have both Cotton Giles and Troy Alexander coming available in '11, not to mention the florida kid they picked up in '10