The Best Thing About Jordan Williams Commit

emmitt01

Wow! I kinda used to think the anymosity was one-sided. There is some major douchery going on in that thread.

Even though there are 1 million + reasons why; I can't believe little ol' North Texas could be the envy of any smu fan. :D

The dude who said that UNT would be a sub .500 team in CUSA was my favorite.

Enjoy coach Doh and your sub .500 team smu fans!

at least there are a few people who understand basketball on there...

You kidding? Reading any topic on that board concerning us requires: NTSU, teacher's college, community college, and more colorful names. Also their belief that JJ would leave NT for that school cracks me up. Maybe if he wanted to tank his career.

I'm sure the hatred will only grow as we pass them up in all sports, but by miles in basketball.

Who did he turn down? I thought he was a finalist for Auburn....

Well, he turned down interest from another "bigger" school, though I don't believe he was ever offered the job....just his interest in interviewing for it(which he wasn't).

And I am not at liberty to say. Even this slip on my part is probably gonna get me in trouble from my source.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, he turned down interest from another "bigger" school, though I don't believe he was ever offered the job....just his interest in interviewing for it(which he wasn't).

And I am not at liberty to say. Even this slip on my part is probably gonna get me in trouble from my source.

You get your basketball info from your wife?

Wimp... Or luckiest man alive?

Edited by UNT90

You kidding? Reading any topic on that board concerning us requires: NTSU, teacher's college, community college, and more colorful names. Also their belief that JJ would leave NT for that school cracks me up. Maybe if he wanted to tank his career.

I'm sure the hatred will only grow as we pass them up in all sports, but by miles in basketball.

Lets get "JWill" (makes me laugh thinking the SMUT source that said that was probably a stuffy corporate paper jock) to get on the phone and procure the names and commitment interest of his buddies here in DFW. JJ goes to SMUVille (Home of the Douchelords)? I don't think that JJ likes the concept of tucking Pink Polos into overly short khaki shorts (complete with penny loafers).

ponyscott said...

UNT is still tier 2 and even with SMU's issues we could still whup your sorry green arses.

-giggle-

Remember what Matt Simon said about the Safeway parking lot?

The same offer applies to SMUt basketball. Feel free to schedule us.

Those silver spoons they were born with in their mouths would look funny protruding from a different orifice. :o

North Texas vs current CUSA teams under coach Jones:

SMU.........0-2 (SMU was in the WAC at the time)

Houston...0-3 (Houston was in the WAC for one of the wins)

Tulsa........2-0

Rice..........2-0

Memphis..0-1

Total 4-6 vs current CUSA teams

Total 4-3 vs CUSA

In fairness, it must be pointed out that the two losses to SMU and one of the losses to Houston came during Coach Jones first two seasons, when it was difficult to recruit coming after so many seasons with 20+ losses. Note that SMU had room to schedule North Texas when SMU had a real coach and North Texas averaged four wins a year.

The "if we were in Conference USA, we'd get killed" argument is idiotic. Could I buy that there is more talent across the board in CUSA? Probably. But...take Coach Jones & company, put North Texas in a Conference USA schedule with their resources at his disposal & the results would be similar to now in short order.

Still looking for a big bag of money to give Coach Jones. I'll keep ya'll updated on that situation.

The "if we were in Conference USA, we'd get killed" argument is idiotic. Could I buy that there is more talent across the board in CUSA? Probably. But...take Coach Jones & company, put North Texas in a Conference USA schedule with their resources at his disposal & the results would be similar to now in short order.

Still looking for a big bag of money to give Coach Jones. I'll keep ya'll updated on that situation.

There's always this tactic:

Unsuccessful Bank Robbery