Imressive Incoming Freshmen

UNTLifer

I would add Jackie Miller, an all state player from Georgia; who batted .517 her senior year in high school. She also started for 4 years in hs with a career batting average of .445. Know nothing about Georgia softball, but those numbers are impressive.

Thanks for adding that. I knew she had signed but didn't have the information on her. I really like the job Coach Hubbard is doing and hope these reported two pitchers have the same impressive credentials.

Thanks for adding that. I knew she had signed but didn't have the information on her. I really like the job Coach Hubbard is doing and hope these reported two pitchers have the same impressive credentials.

Very Impressive!

2010 DMN All Area Team

2010 DMN ALL AREA 2ND TEAM HITTERS

Lauren Bixler Justin NW Jr. Committed to Texas A&M, .461, 27 runs, 17 2Bs, 3 HRs, 19 SB

Heather Duckworth N. Mesquite Sr. Missouri St. signee, 11-5A MVP, .488, 18 2Bs, 6 3Bs, 4 HRs, 38 RBIs

Kelci Garza Fr. Wakeland Sr. .333, 7 HRs, 43 RBIs, 28 runs for regional finalist

Katelynn Hill Hebron Sr. La. Tech signee, led 5A state semifinalist in batting avg. (.353)

Jordan Jennings Flower Mound Sr. Dayton signee, .388, 7 home runs, 33 RBIs

Samantha Kennedy Mesquite Jr. All-state, committed to UTA, .423, 33 runs, 26 RBIs, 11 2Bs

Taylor Schoblocher North Forney So. UNT commit, hit .556, tied for area lead in HRs (12)

Sydnie Tapia Mans. Summit So. 4-5A MVP, .406, 9 HRs, 29 RBIs, 31 runs for 4-5A champ

Jordan Terry Rowlett Sr. UNT signee, .330, 10 HRs, 34 RBIs for regional finalist

Amanda Thomas Mes. Horn Sr. W. Kentucky signee, .387, 40 RBIs for regional semifinalist

Tricia Van Winkle Coppell Sr. Louisiana Tech signee, hit .409, 5 HRs for 6-5A champ

Lindsay Vochoska Denton Guyer Sr. .442, 11 2Bs, 3 3Bs, 6 HRs, 47 RBIs for 4A state semifinalist

Briana Walker Mans. Legacy Fr. All-state, hit .500 with 38 runs for regional finalist

Devon Wallace FM Marcus Jr. Arkansas commit, .450, 6-5A co-offensive player of year

Future Committed Pitcher on YouTube

• Upvote 1

Very impressive video of the pitcher. Also read the comments below it.

Lindsay Vochoska Denton Guyer Sr. .442, 11 2Bs, 3 3Bs, 6 HRs, 47 RBIs for 4A state semifinalist

Can't believe another Guyer/Denton athlete we didn't go after! <_< Seriously though, those are some pretty solid stats.

We have a Soph that has already made a verbal?

And please provide more insight on the future commitment pitcher, Madison Thompson. Great video, kelleygreen...keep posting! A wish, or an actual. What is not to like about a smart, talent rich Junior?

GMG

it's even more impressive that she's doing it while looking in right field. seems like a weird delivery, but i don't watch a lot of softball, maybe it's common to do that.

it's even more impressive that she's doing it while looking in right field. seems like a weird delivery, but i don't watch a lot of softball, maybe it's common to do that.

No, it is a weird delivery and obviously effective, although I would be concerned about future injuries due to the odd mechanics. Oh, and she would be looking at left field.

Anyway, I love the comments below the video as she is obviously excited to come to North Texas. If she is throwing in the 60's, this is comparable to a baseball pitcher throwing in the 90's, with the movement she has, we will be looking at a number of no hitters.

We have a Soph that has already made a verbal?

And please provide more insight on the future commitment pitcher, Madison Thompson. Great video, kelleygreen...keep posting! A wish, or an actual. What is not to like about a smart, talent rich Junior?

GMG

I don't really have any more insight, I just keep up/read what is available on the forums for summer/club and college softball. Here are the two most visited sites that post verbal commitments:

Virtual Tournament Director

Ultimate College Softball

Traveling around and watching our daughter play this summer at the tournament level, its not uncommon to see many freshmen and many more sophomore players already committed to a college.

No, it is a weird delivery and obviously effective, although I would be concerned about future injuries due to the odd mechanics. Oh, and she would be looking at left field.

Anyway, I love the comments below the video as she is obviously excited to come to North Texas. If she is throwing in the 60's, this is comparable to a baseball pitcher throwing in the 90's, with the movement she has, we will be looking at a number of no hitters.

just combined right shoulder and left field. :D doesn't exactly set her up well to field her position, does it? i'm sure our coaches can tweak her delivery and help her out.

just combined right shoulder and left field. :D doesn't exactly set her up well to field her position, does it? i'm sure our coaches can tweak her delivery and help her out.

The uniqueness of her delivery may help with her effectiveness, but I agree that it does not put her in the position to field her position.

• Upvote 1