Has The Boat Sailed On Unt Again

TXST_CAT

Well like I said It would be nice to see TXST and UNT in the same conference. I hope we (TXST) are invited to the WAC and if we are on of the first teams I hope to see in San Marcos is UNT. I know that if we had a chance to play in Denton we would bring 5-6K to the game. Ask the Baylor, Rice and TCU fans we Bobcats show up in force to TX FBS games.

Yes, NT took over 10,000 to UT once. As TSUSM will find out that after a few beatings in away home games, the crowds will dwindle in a hurry. Clue, NT and TSUSM have been in the same conference before, neither team traveled remotely well; do you really think that is going to change if both are fb division?

As far as the WAC, I don't think many want to go East. They would be ecstatic if La Tech found another home. I doubt that the WAC expands unless they find a suitable candidate in the West or lose several more teams which would make them even less attractive.

• Upvote 1

Guest JohnDenver

I just talked to some high level officials at UNT. We're closing the school, as of Monday......because some jackass on a sports message board posted comments from another sports message board jackass, about us being left behind.

It's been nice. UNT 1890-2010.

RIP UNT.

I just love how these Texas schools are all of a suddden in the WAC's footprint yet Montana is not.

You can't put a box around the Wacy states without including Montana.

Perhaps the "footprint" is another way of says "Montana doesn't want to move to FBS ball. They fill their stadium, please their fans and challenge most years for the National Title at the FCS level and like that."

Also love how all of those in favor of us moving to the WAC use the reason that the Sun Belt is just a bunch of schools recently removed from D1AA status yet are excited about the WAC commissioner mentioning us in the same breath as TSU-SM (D1AA), UTSA (haven't played a game), Sac State (D1AA), Cal-Davis (D1AA) and Cal Poly (D1AA). Hell, let's jut rejoin the Southland and save the money of the move.

That was exactly what made the SBC soooo terrible compared to the WAC before Boise got good. Now the Wac is talking about eventually doing EXACTLY what the SBC did.

Edited by VideoEagle

Should I pull out a pizza hijack or an inappropriate haiku derailment? So many ways one could take this.

My vote is for obituaries - or continuous praise of SUMG.

The very rare and confusing Larry Teis joke series is also in play.