The Rangers Are In First Place!

Out of +1s, damnit.

Flyer is just lucky that he got that stadium passed. There's no greater outrage in history than him jinxing a somewhat rare event like that. Once I heard that something was happening and tuned in to see the end of it, it was ruined.

Imagine how outrageous the crime would be if I'd cared enough to watch in the first place!

/Dallas sports fan'd

My favorite part was Randy Galloway's Twitter pointing out how you could tell by Cliff Lee's posture in the handshake line he's not coming back this year It was the same day Colin Cowherd alleged Lee was tanking game and Cowlishaw threw out that no one cared anyway.

CONTROVERSY!

PAGE HITS!

SPORTS!

FOOTBALL (if they're good)...

The timeline as I watched it happen.

9:41 - "A combined no-no"

9:42 - Feliz throws ball four to the hitter before Mauer

9:45 - Mauer singles up the middle

You, sir, angered the baseball gods.

He's just damn lucky he got that stadium passed. That's all I'll say. He's back on thin ice, even with that in his favor.

Otherwise, I'd have gathered up the torches and pitchforks and led an apathetic observer lynch mob over to his house.

Don't put "Jinxed Rangers no-hitter" in any future campaign material, Flyer.

Edited by TheTastyGreek

He's just damn lucky he got that stadium passed. That's all I'll say. He's back on thin ice, even with that in his favor.

Otherwise, I'd have gathered up the torches and pitchforks and led an apathetic observer lynch mob over to his house.

:lol:

Hilarious!

I'd like to also point out that it's obvious why the Rangers missed out on this no-hitter (beyond Flyer's voodoo dance).

They needed just a little bit more Pitchin'. 2 outs worth. Once they finally git sum, then I'll think about caring. But not till they git sum pitchin'.

He also shouldn't mention how he ran onto the field in the top of the ninth inning of game 3 of the Rangers-Yankees 1996 playoff series, breaking Darren Oliver's concentration and allowing the Yanks to rally for the win to take a 2-1 lead in the series in route to a 9 game playoff win streak over the Rangers.

UNTFlyer as North Texas Hero.

UNTFlyer as Texas Rangers nemisis.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/082510dnspoblogranggrantresponsetolee_hp.8720fd07.html

After being told of Cowherd's ridiculous accusations - namely that he "doesn't like Texas," "doesn't care about Texas," and "mails it in" against bad teams - Lee responded to the local ESPN website:

"It's a lie," Lee was quoted as saying. "Write that. Are you writing? Write that it's a lie. I did not say that and nobody close to me would say that. Either say who the source is or shut up because I am saying it is not true."

Rangers have 72 wins with 36 left to play. Go 20-16 and they hit Nolan's magic number. Go 19-17 and they hit my predicition of 91 wins. They are +2 on my 91 win pace now.

Anaheim/California has 63 wins with 34 left to play. They would have to go 28-6 to get to 91 wins.

Oakland has 63 wins with 37 left to play. They would have to go 28-9 to get to 91 wins.

It's pretty simple. Play slightly above .500 ball the rest of the way and the Rangers probably clinch this division a week and a half before the playoffs start.

The wild card in all of this is the Rangers have 7 games left against the A's and 7 left against the Angels. go 3-4 or better against both these teams in these games and this thing is Church.

Edited by UNT90

Rangers have 72 wins with 36 left to play. Go 20-16 and they hit Nolan's magic number. Go 19-17 and they hit my predicition of 91 wins. They are +2 on my 91 win pace now.

Anaheim/California has 63 wins with 34 left to play. They would have to go 28-6 to get to 91 wins.

Oakland has 63 wins with 37 left to play. They would have to go 28-9 to get to 91 wins.

It's pretty simple. Play slightly above .500 ball the rest of the way and the Rangers probably clinch this division a week and a half before the playoffs start.

The wild card in all of this is the Rangers have 7 games left against the A's and 7 left against the Angels. go 3-4 or better against both these teams in these games and this thing is Church.

why are we constantly reminded about the pace you set for the club??

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

why are we constantly reminded about the pace you set for the club??

You're kicking ass on Diamond Talk and are establishing a Twitter dynasty...don't bog.

Let's do something fun, like debate the Michael Young dilemma or why most of the Rangers fansites have become so entitled by one of our 4 best/only good seasons (ever) that you aren't cool unless you find at least 3 negatives in every win.

You're kicking ass on Diamond Talk and are establishing a Twitter dynasty...don't bog.

Let's do something fun, like debate the Michael Young dilemma or why most of the Rangers fansites have become so entitled by one of our 4 best/only good seasons (ever) that you aren't cool unless you find at least 3 negatives in every win.

Has his high school football experience at the QB position given him scoreboard entitlement?

Just a little douchey, don't you think?

I think that show existed long before you came along.

Take a shot and make a prediction, unless you are afraid of being wrong... Again.

As douchy as a running internet conversation with yourself about a predicton made by yourself and commented on by no one but yourself?

I'm not saying...

• Upvote 4

As douchy as a running internet conversation with yourself about a predicton made by yourself and commented on by no one but yourself?

I'm not saying...

Hell, this thread has been dying a slow death all summer. Pardon me for trying to pump some life into the SOB.

And stop interrupting my conversation with myself!!! Freaking rude.

Just remember the number 91, B&%$#es!!

I miss Diamond Talk with Greggo.