Gmg.com Bowl Update

KRAM1

I don't know yet. He has to see if he can get the day off. It may just be me this year.

OK, but we do know who holds "ultimate sway" in the greengoblin household, so do your best...you have bargaining power as well....laugh.gif

Houston...we have a problem!

OK, well this morning I am notified that the UNT Campus police have nixed our use of Fouts on the 15th due to commencement. And, guess what...each Saturday after that for several weeks comes High School graduations at Fouts. If you have been around Denton, you will know that those HS graduations go back to back one after the other and parking gets to be a nightmare. My guess, the cops nix those Saturdays too...

So, I have a thought...let's still play on May 15th, but use the soccer complex off Bonnie Brae instead of Fouts for this game. We could then "tour" the new stadium complex after the game...at least those who wanted to could walk over and get as up close and personal as possible. I think this option is better than trying to find a new date and start all over...what do you think?

The athletic dept. is checking to see about the use of that field...if you have seen it, it is very nice...and I'd bet we could tailgate without any problem, parking would be a breeze, etc. I know the Fouts mystique is big, but this seems like a good move to me...what do you think? Let me know and I'll work with the ath dept. on this possibility.

Also...still need player bios and player "playing commitments"...as mrsgreengoblin said...we could use some more ladies wanting to play....

I need bios and T-shirt sizes...and we do not need belts from the rec center folks...we will have our very own set of belts we can use for the game and going forward next year, etc. YEA!!!!!

PLEAAE...PLEASE help me here with your sizes, bios and thoughts on moving the game to the soccer complex.

Thanks...GO MEAN GREEN!

Houston...we have a problem!

OK, well this morning I am notified that the UNT Campus police have nixed our use of Fouts on the 15th due to commencement. And, guess what...each Saturday after that for several weeks comes High School graduations at Fouts. If you have been around Denton, you will know that those HS graduations go back to back one after the other and parking gets to be a nightmare. My guess, the cops nix those Saturdays too...

So, I have a thought...let's still play on May 15th, but use the soccer complex off Bonnie Brae instead of Fouts for this game. We could then "tour" the new stadium complex after the game...at least those who wanted to could walk over and get as up close and personal as possible. I think this option is better than trying to find a new date and start all over...what do you think?

The athletic dept. is checking to see about the use of that field...if you have seen it, it is very nice...and I'd bet we could tailgate without any problem, parking would be a breeze, etc. I know the Fouts mystique is big, but this seems like a good move to me...what do you think? Let me know and I'll work with the ath dept. on this possibility.

Also...still need player bios and player "playing commitments"...as mrsgreengoblin said...we could use some more ladies wanting to play....

I need bios and T-shirt sizes...and we do not need belts from the rec center folks...we will have our very own set of belts we can use for the game and going forward next year, etc. YEA!!!!!

PLEAAE...PLEASE help me here with your sizes, bios and thoughts on moving the game to the soccer complex.

Thanks...GO MEAN GREEN!

I think the best part about Fouts is that the field is artificial, therefore, we don't need to worry about messing it up. If there is rain any time before the game, I would hate for a few jokers like us to tear up the soccer field. :cry:

Then again, I have removed my draft application so my opinion probably doesn't mean as much.

Will the Dickey fields be open for use? That may be a better option?

OK, so we still paly May 15th at 3PM on the campus somewhere...field site to be determined...GOOD as it is time to move forward...T-Shirt Sizes please...player Bios please.

I'll keep everyone posted on the location...so...time to "tee it up"...

GO MEAN GREEN!

Name: unt88

Shirt size: XXL

33 years old & still sitting @ 6'4" 230 (right now). My 40 time is suspect lately but I use to be really fast. I think I am still on the board for the tight ends in the weight room for my 40 time.

Expirence: this will be my 3rd year to play. I suppose I am still a ringer unless 10 years removed qualifies my retirment from ringer status. Regardless looking forward to playing.

Edited by unt88

Folks...just wanted to let you know that we now have our very own sets of flag belts for the game. I have them in my possession, and they were donated by an NT philanthropist, who wishes Andrew Smith was still with us. Our kind supporter has asked that he not be named, and I will honor that wish.

However, I want to say what a very kind donation this is for us from one of our GMG.com members and a great fan of UNT. It will make it so much easier on everyone. I want to say "thanks so very much" to this most kind donation.

How about getting those player bios in and providing those t-shirt sizes. Please do not "assume" everyone knows you will play and/or that everyone knows your bio and size....we do not. So, please take a moment and get it done as soon as possible. Many thanks.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!

Edited by KRAM1

How about getting those player bios in and providing those t-shirt sizes. Please do not "assume" everyone knows you will play and/or that everyone knows your bio and size....we do not. So, please take a moment and get it done as soon as possible. Many thanks.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!

Shoudnt we have this information pinned on a new thread?

Shoudnt we have this information pinned on a new thread?

That would have been a great idea...earlier...unless we can get someone to move just the bios to another thread, it seems that we have already placed them on this thread...so...greenstreet...where's your bio? Are you playing? Need t-shirt size as well.

Do I have all playing commitments, bios and T-shirt sizes???? I have the following firm playing commitments...if you do not see yourself here and want to play...please let me know, give me your T-shirt size and please post your playing bio...many thanks...did I tell you that we now have our own set of flags???

forevereagle

FireFightnRick

radiogreen

UNT90

MrsGreenGoblin

untcampbell

UNTFlyer

Hickoryhouse

ForneyGreen

Harry

KingDL1

Laxtonto

UNTFan23

unt88

Stebo (still don't have your t-shirt size, but assume you are playing since you are green team coach)

Thant's 14 players and one referee...it would be great to have some more players (ladies...come on, you can play and make MrsGreenGoblin happy as well)...the more that play the fewer "old guy" soreness and the more fun it will be...

Please let us know if you wish to play...and those who have indicated that they will be playing....please get your info posted as soon as possible. Should be fun...come be part of it...everyone is welcome to play....I just know we have more GMG.com'ers who would like to play than have signed up to date.

untgirl04

Height: 5'1" unless you let me wear heels

40: Still several years away

Shirt Size: Small

Entering her rookie season, untgirl04 hopes to take the tall world by storm. Her skills include dodging under arms and crawling through legs. She's a natural for the 'hidden tailback' play. But sorry guys, this Heisman candidate gal is already taken by the tall (and athletically handsome) forevereagle.

Plenty glad to have you on board untgirl04...and, I know mrsgreengoblin will be happy to have another lady warrior on the field...now about that "tall and athletically handsome forevereagle".......biggrin.gif

Well, his height is indisputable, especially relative to me. And beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I win. biggrin.gif

And so you should. Only seems right and proper. I do, however, think the beauty lies in your corner...not that tall guys. Glad to see you are playing...maybe you can play in those high heel cowboy boots of yours! cool.gif

Kram and teams - I am not 100% sure that I will be able to attend the game :(

My cousin is getting married that weekend in California and I did not think that I would be going... but my mother is really wanting me to join them. We are pricing out the cost of the trip before making a final decision... but it looks like I will be headed west that weekend...

I would propose that Harry or UNT_92_Fan take my place since they both have been on board since we formed the game in Year 1. If JayDub could make it to town, he would be a great captain as well...

I will give you an update soon, when I know for sure. Oh, btw - I wasn't planning on playing - just being on the sidelines. I have a bad back and last year made the mistake of trying to ignore that (it was a BAD move, lol).

steve

Height 5'7"

40: Have not been timed in a few years, but should be an impact player with a 4-3 D. But no Goal line situation, I always get burned on the outside.

Shirt size: Large

Information:

Rookie. Work used to own me on the weekends. Now, I own my own weekends. Just put as a safety and I will make sure the WR do not get any TD's.

This is Harry I am 6-0 and 210. aged 42

can deep snap and once in a blue moon will get open.

Very slow but in my mind I am much faster. Have coonections with

the ref and may be able to cut a deal for the team that picks me. Definately a

lower in draft guy with heart. Xl shirt.

OK, have now heard back from the Ath Dept. We are "good to go" with the soccer field as our playing site. So, it is now time to finalize this thing...if you want to play...and we do need players...the more the merrier and the fewer aches and pains one will have the next day.

Date: May 15th

Time: 3:00PM

Place: UNT Soccer Complex off Bonnie Brae

DONATION per Player: $25.00 (covers T-shirt and Andrew Smith Scholarship Fund donation) Anyone who would like to donate, but cannot play is more than welcome to mail me a check in any amount you would like. I can give you contact info via a PM if you would like.

White Team Captain: forevereagle (we have had a change in white team captains as FFR has a personal "situation" which may keep him away on the 15th). Thanks to forevereagle for volunteering.

Green Team Captain: Pending (request has been made)

Referee: UNT Flyer

Players:

forevereagle - white team captain

radiogreen

UNT90

MrsGreenGoblin

untcampbell

UNTFlyer

Hickoryhouse

ForneyGreen

Harry

KingDL1

Laxtonto

UNTFan23

unt88

untgirl04

GreenStreet

GreenN'walinsVet

Rudy

Players???? If interested, please sign up...give us your playing bio and T-shirt size...it's going to be fun...you will not want to miss it!!!

Edited by KRAM1