8. OREGON DUCKS

7. LSU TIGERS

6. OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

5. USC TROJANS

4. OKLAHOMA SOONERS

3. FLORIDA GATORS

2. TEXAS LONGHORNS

1. ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE

Here is the list, click on the Title to read the article.

Top Ten College Football Programs With The Most Rude and Arrogant Fans

10. BOISE STATE BRONCOS

9. NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS

8. OREGON DUCKS

7. LSU TIGERS

6. OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

5. USC TROJANS

4. OKLAHOMA SOONERS

3. FLORIDA GATORS

2. TEXAS LONGHORNS

1. ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE

Here is the list, click on the Title to read the article.

Arrogant maybe, but where else do fans give a standing ovation to the opposing team as they leave the field. Or, is that a thing of the past?

Arrogant maybe, but where else do fans give a standing ovation to the opposing team as they leave the field. Or, is that a thing of the past?

I will second that. There was an article, that I am too lazy to look up, that was written by a ULaLa writer that outlined why he thought Nebraska was one of the best places to visit. I have seen a game at Memorial Stadium, sitting in the visitor section, and the fans were nothing but polite and gracious hosts. The visitors, not as much.

I will second that. There was an article, that I am too lazy to look up, that was written by a ULaLa writer that outlined why he thought Nebraska was one of the best places to visit. I have seen a game at Memorial Stadium, sitting in the visitor section, and the fans were nothing but polite and gracious hosts. The visitors, not as much.

nebraska was a classy group of fans. at least to body bag opponents they were. maybe they are different now with that scumbag coach bo pelinni. he is pure trash as a person.

Ohio State and LSU are notoriously bad, though I heard many of our fans had great experiences at LSU. I've NEVER heard of Nebraska fans being anything but great hosts, so I question the basis for placing them on this list.

Boise State doesn't surprise me at all; this is what happens when never-weres become something (see Texas Tech).

I encountered more dickheads in one game Norman than I've seen in Austin in our last three, but I assume everyone's experience differs.

I have never been treated too poorly or too rudely by opposing fans anywhere. I am speaking of "personally" here. Have I been to games where fans were rude and acting inappropriately? Absolutely! And, if we are all honest with ourselves, sometimes it is our own fans. As you can tell from the comments in this thread, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" in most cases as we cannot all agree that the lists are "correct". To be certain, some fans have "reputations" as a group, but as an individual I have never been treated rudely...yes, I have had my share of "beer showers", vulgar "cheers", immature and asinine displays, etc., but I never felt they wee directed at me personally because I was supporting the opposing team. Call me lucky, but maybe it's part of the "you often get what you expect" thing. As a Big XII grad and as a visitor to many Big XII stadiums on game day, it can get rather "partisan". have you ever been to a Bedlam game series between OU and OSU? Can get pretty intense...especially when OSU is having a "rare" football season where they actually expect to beat OU!

I think what we might want to take from this thread is that we, as members of the Mean Green Nation, do not want to be seen as "rude" fans by our visitors. Treat them nice so they will come back and you can beat them again has always been my theory. I would like for fans to leave Mean Green games saying that "win or lose" the Mean Green Nation is a great group of fans and show great sportsmanship.

GO MEAN GREEN.

• Upvote 2

I've never been treated better as a visitor, by absolutely everyone I encountered, than I was by Alabama fans.

I have to second that. I went to the National championship game with some friends (UT fans) and we were smack in the middle of the Alabama section. They were some of the most humble, nicest fans I've ever been around.