Reputation Standings

Harry

I like that there are three ways to get your plus/minus points:

1. Dive into a political thread and get dog-piled +/- by the majority that screws around on the political board (see Eagle-66, Screaming)

2. Dive into a basketball thread and get rated on how much you express appreciation for the team's current year performance)

3. The way it was intended, where you evaluate each thread as a whole and just reward extreme + and - content.

That being said, seeing some of you freak out about your ranking tickles me. If we can't properly evaluate each other, how can we properly evaluate and solve the challenges facing our teams, school and the entire world?

Easy to say from your lofty perch in the "Top 10" :lol: Amazing how far you've come. From troll to GMG powerhouse. VH1 should chronicle your story and include snappy comments from Tasty, Green P1, CMJ, CBL, Miner & others.

Edited by Green Lantern
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I like that there are three ways to get your plus/minus points:

2. Dive into a basketball thread and get rated on how much you express appreciation for the team's current year performance)

Lord forbid you don't annoint JJ Lord and King and proclaim this years team the best of all time ever.

Sure plus points if you do, sure minus if you dont

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

VH1 should chronicle your story and include snappy comments from Tasty, Green P1, CMJ, CBL, Miner & others.

Man, that is some lofty company. I don't think my comments are anywhere near original or funny, but it is the only way I can deal with the rehash that goes around. My only wish is my sometimes-subtle Browncoat references get picked up by someone.

My friend used to say "MTV is where artists go to sell out, VH1 is where the grow old and die."

crap.

As one who has very little stake in the game (I don't post often, and when I do it rarely provides much significance), I will be up front on how I vote:

1) If you ask, lobby or pander for points you get a minus. Like the bozos who throw beads from the Bourbon Street balconies without seeing the boobs, those who give popularity points or respond to the beg are cheapening the currency. Don't ask.

2) If the only possible explanation for your post is to hijack or derail the thread, you get a minus. In all likelihood, I will run out of reputation points each day.

3) Any post that comments on another post, that reflects the writer can not pick up on obvious sarcasm, gets a minus.

4) Conversely, if you are providing valued insight (positive or negative) that is well-stated and , in my view, reasonable in its tone, you get a positive. I will rarely run out of points for this category.

5) Those who have a very strong reputation (even before the point system was offered) are graded on a curve...each post from the geniuses must stand on its own, and is held to a higher standard. Said genius does not get points based solely on past relevance.

GMG

Edited by untcampbell
  • Upvote 4

Lord forbid you don't annoint JJ Lord and King and proclaim this years team the best of all time ever.

Sure plus points if you do, sure minus if you dont

I never endorsed the reasons why.

However, if I wandered into the political forum and posted a hypothetical pro-liberal rant, the same thing would happen to me.

Maybe the reputation standings need an electoral college? :D

Edited by Quoner

I never endorsed the reasons why.

However, if I wandered into the political forum and posted a hypothetical pro-liberal, the same thing would happen to me.

Maybe the reputation standings need an electoral college? biggrin.gif

JJ is lord and King and this year's basketball team is the best of ever!!

Sorry, just had to even out the points from the last post.

It's like a popularity contest. Think high school. There were no electorial colleges in high school!!! biggrin.gif

• Upvote 1

JJ is lord and King and this year's basketball team is the best of ever!!

Sorry, just had to even out the points from the last post.

It's like a popularity contest. Think high school. There were no electorial colleges in high school!!! biggrin.gif

My high school experience was pretty much like how things went in School Ties. Does that mean the reputation ranking is the banner above our dorm beds?

I'm debating whether to pander to some more people (a different group this time) to get more shameless reputation.

Any ideas how to make guns sexy? How about chicks with guns?

Lets just see how supportive the gun crowd really is. I currently have in my 1 bedroom apartment nine firearmsIMG_0759.jpg?t=1266608472

From top to bottom:

Charles Daily 12guage semi-automatic- used for Skeet and Trap

Miroku 12guage over/under- just given to me by my pops as a new Trap gun.

Stevens Savage Arms .410- First attempt at restoration in middle school, could probably use it again. Originally my Granduncle's.

Remington 550-1 .22- My most recent restoration. Originally my Grandmother's varmint killing gun.

Western Auto "Revelation" .22- restored from a rusty inoperable mess. Given to me by my Grandfather the last time I ever saw him.

Weihrauch HW 30 pellet rifle-Semi-restored. Originally my pops childhood bird killer.

Crossman 3500 Slide Action bb gun-bought at a swap meet when I was 4. Dropped countless blackbirds(and quite a few Mocking Birds… but hey I'm colorblind!) with this baby as a kid. All without the aid of proper sights.

Winchester 02-22-Kinda awaiting restoration, but not sure. Originally issued to my Great Grandfather by the Boy Scouts of America.

Rock Island Arms 1911 nickel plated.45-Christmas present 2 years ago that I have very little use for. Fired on three occasions within a month of acquiring it and not once since.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Lets just see how supportive the gun crowd really is. I currently have in my 1 bedroom apartment nine firearmsIMG_0759.jpg?t=1266608472

From top to bottom:

Charles Daily 12guage semi-automatic- used for Skeet and Trap

Miroku 12guage over/under- just given to my by my pops as a new Trap gun.

Stevens Savage Arms .410- First attempt at restoration in middle school, could probably use it again. Originally my Granduncle's.

Remington 550-1 .22- My most recent restoration. Originally my Grandmother's varmint killing gun.

Western Auto "Revelation" .22- restored from a rusty inoperable mess. Given to me by my Grandfather the last time I ever saw him.

Weihrauch HW 30 pellet rifle-Semi-restored. Originally my pops childhood bird killer.

Crossman 3500 Slide Action bb gun-bought at a swap meet when I was 4. Dropped countless blackbirds(and quite a few Mocking Birds… but hey I'm colorblind!) with this baby as a kid. All without the aid of proper sights.

Winchester 02-22-Kinda awaiting restoration, but not sure. Originally issued to my Great Grandfather by the Boy Scouts of America.

Rock Island Arms 1911 nickel plated.45-Christmas present 2 years ago that I have very little use for. Fired on three occasions within a month of acquiring it and not once since.

Cerebus- Still going to try and pistol whip this guy?

From top to bottom:

Dude! 3 rounds to hit that guy? And why are you keeping the evidence around. Three words. Lake Lewisville Bridge!!!