Interesting Article

AJR2010OX

There wasn't much incentive for UT and A&M to stay in the SWC. Joining the Big 8 and a conference that had far more outreach was the best decision they could make and the Big 8 was a perfect scenario. Sure there were politics involved but in the end it is all about self interest which NT needs to start doing. If RV is waiting solely on CUSA to give them an invite then I truly think he should get the boot. That is not a realistic scenario.

There wasn't much incentive for UT and A&M to stay in the SWC. Joining the Big 8 and a conference that had far more outreach was the best decision they could make and the Big 8 was a perfect scenario. Sure there were politics involved but in the end it is all about self interest which NT needs to start doing. If RV is waiting solely on CUSA to give them an invite then I truly think he should get the boot. That is not a realistic scenario.

And joining the WAC is?! :blink:

Why do some always want to boot RV.....he is by far the best damn AD we have ever had...he has brought facilities and money to athletics and has done a great job with scant resources and backing. Now that we have a diff admin in place we will see UNT athletics grow by leaps and bounds....thats right....leaps and bounds.

This TD issue will be resolved one way or the other in one more season and we can get things moving....no AC and stadium and this program goes NOWHERE...so give your thanks for RV.

And joining the WAC is?! :blink:

I believe NT is in a position where beggars can't be choosers and I truly believe the WAC is a much better conference than the Sunbelt from top to bottom. So yes I think it is a better situation than what they are currently in. If the ultimate goal is only CUSA then might as well move down to FCS ball. NT needs to start thinking bigger and better things and maybe, just maybe they will advance in their athletics program. For me the best conference to move to not including BCS ones is the MWC. It is the best non bcs conference from top to bottom.

I believe NT is in a position where beggars can't be choosers and I truly believe the WAC is a much better conference than the Sunbelt from top to bottom. So yes I think it is a better situation than what they are currently in. If the ultimate goal is only CUSA then might as well move down to FCS ball. NT needs to start thinking bigger and better things and maybe, just maybe they will advance in their athletics program. For me the best conference to move to not including BCS ones is the MWC. It is the best non bcs conference from top to bottom.

Is it a better situation if Fresno, Boise, and potentially Nevada leave?

Is it a better situation if Fresno, Boise, and potentially Nevada leave?

Why would they ever leave the Wac? It's supposedly great.

Oh, wait. Fresno, Boise, Hawaii, Nevada and LaTech have all tried to get out of the Wac within the last four years. But it's a great place for NT to be - if bankrupting the program is the long term goal.