Someone We Should Recruit

jtm0097

Joseph Schumpert OLB/ Safety 5'11 200 pounds Kilgore College

He is leading the team with 51 tackles on the year, 13 tackles for loss, 5.5 sacks, and a interception. I went to high school with him and he was a stud LB, he had 144 tackles my senior year. This guy is a playmaker, we should recruit him. No one has offered him a D1 scholarship this year, but he is getting looked at by teams from our conference such as Arkansas State, ULM, and ULL. He is also getting looked at by Ohio and Kansas. If we offered this guy, there is a good chance we could get him.

Edited by jtm0097

My season ticket holding father will be going to Corsicana to watch a Kilgore Playoff game...I was just in Kilgore two weeks ago for their Hall of Fame golf tourney and watched them play Tyler in September...

Solid program and solid competition in the SWJCAC...

We need ties and in-roads to Kilgore, Tyler, Blinn and the rest of them...They consistenly have players go on to the NFL, year in, year out...

All for more talent!

Guest GrayEagleOne

I'm sure that he's been a very fine player but his size seems to be more the "tweener" status. He's 5-10, 190 which is too small for a Division I linebacker. It's decent size for a safety or corner but if he had the speed required he'd likely be playing as a defensive back. He'd probably be a great coverage guy on special teams but I'd hate to see that scholarship wasted on a two-year player.

I'm sure that he's been a very fine player but his size seems to be more the "tweener" status. He's 5-10, 190 which is too small for a Division I linebacker. It's decent size for a safety or corner but if he had the speed required he'd likely be playing as a defensive back. He'd probably be a great coverage guy on special teams but I'd hate to see that scholarship wasted on a two-year player.

Why? Dodge has guys signed from 2007 that are now wasting scholarship space, or who have flown the coop. Why begin to have standards now? Besides, we already have one defensive back playing linebacker....why not another?

Why? Dodge has guys signed from 2007 that are now wasting scholarship space, or who have flown the coop. Why begin to have standards now? Besides, we already have one defensive back playing linebacker....why not another?

Heck we've got a defensive back playing defensive end.

Yeah I think they run a 4-2-5 defense at Kilgore, and he is usually a safety. But in certain situations when they want to run a 4-3 he is an OLB. Right now we just need all of the help we can get on defense, that is why I started this forum lol.

The funny thing is, you always blame Dodge for this. I think the DC is responsible for the players he plays, no??

The Southwest Junior College Conference championship play offs are beginning.

#1 seed Navarro vs # 4 seed Kilgore, and # 2 seed Blinn vs # 3 seed Tyler

All 4 of these teams are loaded with talent. Where's the beef- here in Texas

There are many more quality players on each roster- here are just a few.

Just for fun!

Navarro:

OL Daniel Campbell, 6-5, 350 Houston Aldine

OL Kendall Kely, 6-6, 300 Gainesville FL

OL Kintee Korrels, 6-3, 310 Arlington Martin

OL Robert Griffin, 6-7, 340 Euless Trinity

(DB Chevy Bennett is on the roster)

Kilgore:

DL Benny Pryor, 6-6, 290 Baton Rouge

TE Kodie Headenhead, 6-6, 245 Kennedale

DE Rufus Johnson 6-6, 245

(TE Jordan Scoggins and DB Daniel Mayberry are on the roster)

Tyler:

OL Brock Wempa, 6-4, 330 (yes- a NT prospect LY)

DL Rodney Watts, 6-3, 335

DE Terrence Lilly, 6-5, 260

Blinn:

OL Andre McGaskey, 6-6, 304 La Marque

OL Shawn Wyatt, 6-6, 305 Spring Branch

DL Joathan Mathis 6-3, 292 Houston

DL Andrew Jones 6-3, 315 West Columbia

Interesting-- QB Cameron Newton, 6-6, 248 (signed with FL), and WR/QB Sean Rutherford 5-11, 180, are a 1, 2 punch for Blinn. Newton's favorite target is Rutherford.

I was suprised to see the number of players from FL and GA on their rosters.

I wonder if NT could over sign and send porspects to these JUCO schools?

Edited by charlie nt73

51 tackles for a LB even a OLB is not very many and he's too small for a D1 LB to boot.

Edited by MeanGreenPOP

51 tackles for a LB even a OLB is not very many and he's too small for a D1 LB to boot.

Well, I can't count all the "MISSED TACKLES" in the last three years, with our current crop of defensive players. <_<

IF he can show up at the point of attack in a NASTY MOOD

IF he can ACTUALLY MAKE CONTACT WITH HIS SHOULDER AND ARMS

IF he can actually WRAP UP THE TACKLE...or at least hang on until help arrives.

IF he can do all those things, then SIGN HIM UP!. I don't care how undersized he is.

Edited by SilverEagle

Well, I can't count all the "MISSED TACKLES" in the last three years, with our current crop of defensive players. <_<

IF he can show up at the point of attack in a NASTY MOOD

IF he can ACTUALLY MAKE CONTACT WITH HIS SHOULDER AND ARMS

IF he can actually WRAP UP THE TACKLE...or at least hang on until help arrives.

IF he can do all those things, then SIGN HIM UP!. I don't care how undersized he is.

Agreed...And wasn't Booger regarded as undersized?