Did Ohio Decline The Roughing The Passer Penalty

Keith7

Thats the way a friend of mine described it to me.. I wasn't able to make the game due to work related issues but a friend of mine who went said that the roughing the passer penalty that set up the game winning 2-point conversion was originally declined by Ohio before they accepted it or was he just confused?

Edited by Keith7

Thats the way a friend of mine described it to me.. I wasn't able to make the game due to work related issues but a friend of mine who went said that the roughing the passer penalty that set up the game winning 2-point conversion was originally declined by Ohio before they accepted it or was he just confused?

That's what happened. After the td they declined it.. then the ref announced a booth review then after that the ref came out and said they decided to take the penalty. still not sure if that is legal.

That's what happened. After the td they declined it.. then the ref announced a booth review then after that the ref came out and said they decided to take the penalty. still not sure if that is legal.

It sure doesn't seem right.. I know it wouldn't work on NCAA football 10 that's for sure..

I have no idea if it is legal, but everyone around us was wondering the same question. They actually lined up as if they were going to kick the extra point, then the ref walked over to the Ohio coaches and was there for what seemed 3-5 minutes discussing something, then announced Ohio would take the penalty. I have never seen that and those I called after the game thought it was strange.

in the end, the legality of it doesn't matter. unfortunately, the boys couldn't hold them on the conversion.

i would like to know the answer to the changing of penalty acceptance, but it doesn't change a thing. the boys kicked butt and played their tails off...just came up short...