"somebody Has Some Faith In Unt", From Vito

eulessismore

I thought this showed some interesting insight from Vito's Blog; the line has been dropping in the last few days, from 23.5 to 16.5 as of this post and related comments:

Mean Green love from betters!

Having married into an LDS family, I thought the following comment was hilarious!

Posted by Mr Positive @ 1:05 AM Wed, Sep 02, 2009

Not that I wager, but I sent 200 bucks to Vegas to bet this game at 17.5. By the time my buddy got there, Vegas was offering 16.5. I cut my wager to 100. BTW, my Boise buddy, a hardcore LDS guy, decided my passion was worth $25 of his dollars.

Money is flowing to NT.

When the line drops that much Vegas is usually up to something. This is one of just a few games on the ticket Thursday night, so you can bet your ass vegas capped this one right. My guess is Vegas is getting hit hard with money from Joe Public and has to adjust the line to even it out. BSU would be a helluva strong play IMO at this point with this type of line movement.

How is taking a +23 point wager having faith??? That NT doesn't get their ass handed to them by more than 23 shows faith??? Show me how much of this money is on the moneyline. I guarantee you, this movement is not caused by mean green fans betting on the ML for a straight up win. This is Joe Public hitting a -23 point line against a BSU team that lost uber popular front man Nate Davis.

"Having faith" is a little over the top for a topic title....

Edited by Got5onIt

How is taking a +23 point wager having faith??? That NT doesn't get their ass handed to them by more than 23 shows faith??? Show me how much of this money is on the moneyline. I guarantee you, this movement is not caused by mean green fans betting on the ML for a straight up win. This is Joe Public hitting a -23 point line against a BSU team that lost uber popular front man Nate Davis.

"Having faith" is a laughable title for this topic. <_<

The title was Vito's, that's why I quoted it. I think he called it faith, based on the movement of the line. Honestly, based on our defensive record of the last few years and Ball State's recent record, Joe Public putting that money on us even with the points might be "faith" on their part.

The title was Vito's, that's why I quoted it. I think he called it faith, based on the movement of the line. Honestly, based on our defensive record of the last few years and Ball State's recent record, Joe Public putting that money on us even with the points might be "faith" on their part.

I guess you're right. In that context I can see that.

I'd like to know where this line opened at BSU -23???? This game opened at BSU -16 in Vegas on Aug.9??? Line movement has been very minimal with a jump to 18.5, but that's expected with a line opening up nearly 1 month in advance.

Right now, the consensus is on BSU to cover with the ML being dominated by BSU. :huh:

Edited by Got5onIt