This Will Get Under Your Skin...

BIG DAWG

i just looked at the link supplied by the drc and kennedy is on there. they must have switched he and awasome.

Yes, they corrected part of their obvious error. I believe Kennedy should definitely be defensive player of the decade, I guess they can't amend that. Sorry, but a player being all conference for three years and defensive player of the year once does not compare with Kennedy's four time all conference and twice POY year accolades. I think it is obvious they completely overlooked the best defensive player the league has ever had. Really sorry research on their part.

Edited by GrandGreen

revisiting some Booger highlights:

Booger beating a double team to be in position to recover the QB fumble (nearly getting to the QB before #85)

AFygGhuoDuY

same play, different angle...

Ge7Xqw7H04w

NMSU body slam?

0hqsm7xluJI

untouched. Looks like an Idaho blown assignment?:

SsZuZ_me1Xk

diving through an NMSU double team to make a shoe-string:

ZIiV17GKG-A

"I'm too fast":

JdCt0FxE34c

Holding didn't work:

zDLvYGiEerU

the 1-2 on MUTS: making the tackle and recovering the fumble before it touches the ground in a grade-10 gymnastic roll:

Z_6Yg21lLfM

UT was not a problem (8 times!):

NsEr094-SN8

I think it is obvious they completely overlooked the best defensive player the league has ever had.

Demarcus Ware might have something to say about that

It is all opinion, but in my view, not only did Booger play 4 years to Ware's one; but he was a more dominating player than Ware was in at least three of his four years. I don't think everyone realize how great a defensive lineman has to be named a conference player of the year not once but twice. This honor is all most exclusively given to quarterback and running backs. There is no doubt Ware is a great pro player and had a great year in the Belt, but Kennedy was a better college player. Again, I think the staff that supposedly voted on this team, either forgot about Kennedy or has very questionable judgment. Picking Johnson above a two time player of the year that anchored a team that won the championship every year he played makes no sense.

Edited by GrandGreen

Jamario led all of D1 in rushing, out-rushed Adrian Peterson when they were both freshmen and hung 200 yards on Colorado. I think he should have made the list too. :blink:

I think you have a good point. The sad thing about Jamario is that if his career had been in reverse, the leading rusher in the nation his senior year instead of as a freshman; he would have gotten a lot more accolades. I have no doubt he would have been hailed as the best back ever in the Belt and at NT if in his senior year he had rushed for over 180 yards a game even if he had the same career statistics. Finroy was a good hardworking back but he was never close to the magic of Thomas's freshman year. If it was not for Thomas's four carries against UT and an injury in the Baylor game, he would have averaged well over 200 yards a game.