Unt , Iowa Agree To Series

NT03

Wow! My dream series. Being at NTSU when Fry was coach and following his career at Iowa, plus being born in Iowa and having many past family there, well....this series should have happened as soon as Fry left or when NT came back into 1-A. Hope Coach Fry can attend and flip the coin.

This is also a dream series for me. I am a native Iowan and attended the University of Iowa when Coach Fry was hired.

NT80...well said. Yes, too bad it took so long to set these games up...I too hope Coach Fry could be there to toss the coin. I will hope and pray that it is so. What memories it will bring back seeing Coach Fry on the field with both UNT and Iowa. What a coach and better still...what a guy! UNT should also consider something as a tribute to Coach Fry in connection with the new stadium. Perhaps the Fry-Mitchell Concourse or something like that? I am sure there are folks "out there" much more creative than i am who can think up a good tribute.

GO MEAN GREEN!

I think the 2017 game could be played in Denton if the stadium is complete.

What makes you think that? The article said both games are to be played up there. I don't understand how you can't get a 2 for 1 with Iowa. ULL and FAU get Minnesota to travel down there as part of their series. MTSU gets Maryland to go to Murfreesboro, but we can't get Iowa to come down here for a game in the hotbed of recruiting and, supposedly, a new stadium will be here. Its stuff like this that makes people wonder why UNT plays football at a D-1 level.

Amazing...UNT gets a two game deal with Iowa and folks find stuff to be "PO'ed" about. Yea, like Alabama, OU, K State, LSU (seems we played them "away" recently) are going to sign a contarct to come to Denton BEFORE they see the new stadium UP or even ground broken. I really don't think so...and, who knows, the second game may well be changed to a game in Denton once Iowa sees how great the new stadium is. But, remember, some of you still don't think UNT will even build the stadium in your lifetime. Some teams may well sign a home and away deal based on the possibility of the new stadium being open by a cartain date, but watch those contarcts get "blown away" if anything happens to the timing of the stadium opening...OK, so maybe the Iowa dates are far enough out that it shouldn't be an issue...maybe so, but it's still a "good thing" for UNT to have Iowa on the schedule. I cannot recall seing UNT play a Big Ten team...anybody?????

UNT will be able to schedule some higher profile teams based on the new stadium...that's for certain, but I doubt that anyone on this board knows the "whys and hows" that went into the Iowa series. For, me...I am glad to see Iowa on the schedule and I appreciate the effort made to get the deal done.

GO MEAN GREEN!

and, let the complaining begin! I guess that's really the "off season" sport at UNT these days...complaining about EVERYTHING that is UNT. Sad, but no big deal as the football season is getting closer every day! GO MEAN GREEN!

What makes you think that? The article said both games are to be played up there. I don't understand how you can't get a 2 for 1 with Iowa. ULL and FAU get Minnesota to travel down there as part of their series. MTSU gets Maryland to go to Murfreesboro, but we can't get Iowa to come down here for a game in the hotbed of recruiting and, supposedly, a new stadium will be here. Its stuff like this that makes people wonder why UNT plays football at a D-1 level.

It was sarcasm...2017...if the stadium is complete.

GO MEAN GREEN!

and, let the complaining begin! I guess that's really the "off season" sport at UNT these days...complaining about EVERYTHING that is UNT. Sad, but no big deal as the football season is getting closer every day! GO MEAN GREEN!

I think the complaining is more of a combo of boredom & the lack of dirt still not yet being moved

If you think the complaining is bad now just wait till the 2nd quarter of the Ball State game on National T.V.

GMG!!

Edited by NT03

I think the complaining is more of a combo of boredom & the lack of dirt still not yet being moved

If you think the complaining is bad now just wait till the 2nd quarter of the Ball State game on National T.V.

GMG!!

:lol::lol::lol: I am thinking that all the complaining by halftime will be done by the Ball State faithful! GO MEAN GREEN!

ESPN article reports Fry saved NT from dropping football, first I've ever heard of that:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/ncfnation/0-9-1...2015--2017.html

Yeah, I don't remember that at all? Was Rod Rust so bad that we thought about dropping football? In a time period when no one was dropping football? I think the ESPN reported needed an extra sentence and just made that up out of thin air.