Ball State's Scheumann Stadium

NT80

Does not appear too intimidating. Actually it looks like many of the larger Texas high school stadiums, sorta boring...

http://ballstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbm...;ATCLID=3719603

http://ncaafootball.com/image_lib/stadiums_ballstate.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3156/304256...e21a25e8a_o.jpg

I wonder if we could get a fair sized group of GMG members with flight privileges to make the trip. Seems like there must be quite a few of us who are members of airline families.

I wonder if we could get a fair sized group of GMG members with flight privileges to make the trip. Seems like there must be quite a few of us who are members of airline families.

then dole out those free passes kimosabee!!!!

I think that requirement went into effect in the 90s, before UNT moved back up. No doubt teams were grandfathered in.

That was true at that time, but I'm now under the impression that the 30K requirement is no longer in effect. Which was why, early on in the discussion about our stadium, the capacity of 28K was mentioned several times.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Worldstadiums.com lists Scheumann Stadium at 23,500. Assuming that's correct, I thought the 1-A mininum was 30,000.

GO MEAN GREEN

When the 30,000 rule went into effect there were a number of stadiums in the MAC that did not seat 30,000. They successfully lobbied to get those grandfathered if the majority of the schools in the conference had a 30K seat stadium.

If I remember correctly, six of the eleven conference members had 30,000 seat stadiums so all were allowed to stay in Division 1A. I believe that since that time one or two of the stadia have reduced their capacity in preparation for remodeling and expansion. They have since added Buffalo and had Marshall (again) for awhile.

Temple is a football only member at present.

Six conference members are located in Ohio and Akron is the only stadium that holds more than 30,000. All of those located outside of Ohio with the exception of Ball State, hold more than the former minimum.

It's all moot now, of course, since there is no minimum stadium seating capacity; only an attendance requirement.

When the 30,000 rule went into effect there were a number of stadiums in the MAC that did not seat 30,000. They successfully lobbied to get those grandfathered if the majority of the schools in the conference had a 30K seat stadium.

If I remember correctly, six of the eleven conference members had 30,000 seat stadiums so all were allowed to stay in Division 1A. I believe that since that time one or two of the stadia have reduced their capacity in preparation for remodeling and expansion. They have since added Buffalo and had Marshall (again) for awhile.

Temple is a football only member at present.

Six conference members are located in Ohio and Akron is the only stadium that holds more than 30,000. All of those located outside of Ohio with the exception of Ball State, hold more than the former minimum.

It's all moot now, of course, since there is no minimum stadium seating capacity; only an attendance requirement.

Akron is in the process of building a new in-city on-campus stadium to replace the aged Rubber Bowl:

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46899