Skyline Duo Makes Commitment To Unt

mgsteve

Yea, TD and his staff are sure just sitting around letting all the "other" local colleges pass UNT by..........NOT! You go TD and staff. Nice job. This is something on the "rare" side for UNT. In all my years of UNT "fandom" I do not recall many (any) commits of this quality this early. But, then, I have been known to "miss" some things...just ask my bride about that sometime!

Anyway, "soft" and "early", yes, indeed, but it does reflect the efforts TD and his staff are making...even though they may not personally call some of the folks on this board who constantly accuse them of "doing noting" to give them a personal update. Gee, go figure.

GO MEAN GREEN! Nice...good things are happening at UNT these days....

This is an impressive verbal duo for Dodge and I love the fact they are in our DISD backyard. Kudos to Dodge and Ford.

I agree. I am excited about these two commitments. Everything I've read about Hall, and from what I've seen of his game film, is encouraging and impressive. There doesn't seem to be as much available on Hawkins, so I'd like to learn more about him. I found it interesting that he was a first-team All-District 9-5A pick while Hall was a second-team All-District 9-5A selection. Not sure what that means exactly (QB talent in the district was good?) but, it is interesting nonetheless. LOTS of potential here..and I hope they both stay committed to UNT and sign with us next February (wow, that seems like a long time away). One thing I do really like about early commitments is that it allows you the opportunity to follow committed players throughout their senior HS season. I enjoyed following Daniel Mayberry's senior year last year.

I agree. I am excited about these two commitments. Everything I've read about Hall, and from what I've seen of his game film, is encouraging and impressive. There doesn't seem to be as much available on Hawkins, so I'd like to learn more about him. I found it interesting that he was a first-team All-District 9-5A pick while Hall was a second-team All-District 9-5A selection. Not sure what that means exactly (QB talent in the district was good?) but, it is interesting nonetheless. LOTS of potential here..and I hope they both stay committed to UNT and sign with us next February (wow, that seems like a long time away). One thing I do really like about early commitments is that it allows you the opportunity to follow committed players throughout their senior HS season. I enjoyed following Daniel Mayberry's senior year last year.

Keep in mind that there can only be one QB while there are 5 OL spots.