Experienced Offensive Line

SUMG

Interesting small piece from today's Wall Street Journal. There's a link in the story where you can see the experience of each team's offensive lines in the various conferences. For example, we go into next year with the fourth most experience O line in the Belt (91 career starts):

http://blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2009/05/12/t...icap-this-fall/

Having Kelvin Drake back on the OL just makes the OL much

better. Do not forget OT Jeremy Bean, and OT Matt Tomlinson,

who had injuries during spring ball. Bean and Tomlinson will be

contenders for the OT positions. There will be several key position

battles to watch this fall, that is for sure.

IMHO, the OL now has many more options for Leftwich to work with,

and best of all, the OL will have solid depth at each OL position.

Huge plus for North Texas football!

Wait, is that a hint of optimism? Who are you and what have you done with TFLF?

Hey, man, look...the bar is low. We ain't Baylor trying to claw our way into the Big 12 South Division race. We're in the Sun Belt.

I've already posted that four Sun Belt wins is progress even if we lose all of our out of conference games. So, when I say "this thing may fly" I don't mean we'll be in contention for the Sun Belt title, or even bowl contention.

What I mean is, with a little luck, me and Paul McCartney think the offense can keep the ball long enough and often enough to keep the defense from getting worn out. And, that should add up to less blowout losses, especially in conference.

Remember, I'm not one of those who set the bar way up there when Todd Dodge was hired. I still don't set the bar high for him because I know he's not capable of getting over it given the current state of our opponents and the current state of our offensive coaching staff.

Hey, man, look...the bar is low. We ain't Baylor trying to claw our way into the Big 12 South Division race. We're in the Sun Belt.

I've already posted that four Sun Belt wins is progress even if we lose all of our out of conference games. So, when I say "this thing may fly" I don't mean we'll be in contention for the Sun Belt title, or even bowl contention.

What I mean is, with a little luck, me and Paul McCartney think the offense can keep the ball long enough and often enough to keep the defense from getting worn out. And, that should add up to less blowout losses, especially in conference.

Remember, I'm not one of those who set the bar way up there when Todd Dodge was hired. I still don't set the bar high for him because I know he's not capable of getting over it given the current state of our opponents and the current state of our offensive coaching staff.

Ok, you had me worried. I almost thought that you were thinking that Dodge could start turning this thing around. I can call off the search parties.