Drawing Of New Stadium

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GrayEagleOne

Were is the athletic center in the drawing?

A small amount of it shows in the drawing in the brochure but was cut off in order to fit in the posting. It's to the far left, just out of view.

Congrats on the New Stadium.

I know that some of you guys don't like the grass patch, but I think it gives a little character to the stadium kind of like the patch at The Ballpark in Arlington.

Looks awesome. Some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope.

it does not take a genius to know endzone seats are less desirable than sideline seats. maybe it does?

No, it doesn't, but it just amazes me that we are experiencing probably the most exciting time ever to be a fan of NT athletics with a new stadium on the horizon and many can only bitch about drawing. My point is that HKS is an awarding winning design firm and they will not put their name on a POS, yet we have many on here who look at the picture and only see what is wrong when so much is right!

As someone who has gone through the pain and expense of suing an architect, I have to say this looks like a great stadium. Fouts was run-down when I was a student there so I can only imagine what it must look like now.The grass end-zone is a nice touch. UVa has something similar at Scott Field and I would imagine other schools do as well.

What are we going to call the new stadium..Trilli Field?

No, it doesn't, but it just amazes me that we are experiencing probably the most exciting time ever to be a fan of NT athletics with a new stadium on the horizon and many can only bitch about drawing. My point is that HKS is an awarding winning design firm and they will not put their name on a POS, yet we have many on here who look at the picture and only see what is wrong when so much is right!

is it a great design, no. it has some potential nice features. but ground has not been broken yet so why not get public opinion and then tweak it to make it great before it is started? 57 years of fouts is long enough. i don't want a fan in 2035 saying we screwed up by building too many endzone seats to start with.

But ground has not been broken yet so why not get public opinion and then tweak it to make it great before it is started? 57 years of fouts is long enough. i don't want a fan in 2035 saying we screwed up by building too many endzone seats to start with.

I agree. There's nothing wrong with feedback, and I'm certain the AD dept has kept an eye and ear to what people have had to say since the stadium drawing debuted last saturday. And now that I too have had a week to study it I have noticed two things that I didn't last saturday.

n23932973_38525021_41219.jpg

First, I also don't care for the distance the team will have to walk from the lockerroom, across that patio and down the embankment to get to the field, if that is where they will come and go from? That's a long, unusual hike to go from the inside door to the field, all in plain view. At least it is to me when we have the opportunity to place the field right there at their doorstep? Maybe it won't be set up that way so who knows? Second, since the visitor side will apparantly be burmed into the hillside a bit, in order to give vendors and pedestrians a bit of shade on the east side, the designer put in a cantilever overhang right behind the stands that appears to be supported by cables that originate from the light standards. Anyone notice that? That's either going to be really cool in a weird kind of way or come across negatively in a cheap kind of way. I can't decide. Also, something I can't believe didn't just jump out at me when I originally looked at it is that massive, empty white parapet wall that juts above the upper deck on the west side and runs the entire length of that side of the stadium. What is that suppose to be? If you follow it left to right, it has a step up. But on the North end it just ends, and appears to be 15 to 20 feet high above the roof of the upper most section. Very strange. I wonder if that will be needed to keep the expansion aspect into the design?

Thoughts.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

n23932973_38525021_41219.jpg

Also, something I can't believe didn't just jump out at me when I originally looked at it is that massive, empty white parapet wall that juts above the upper deck on the west side and runs the entire length of that side of the stadium. What is that suppose to be? If you follow it left to right, it has a step up. But on the North end it just ends, and appears to be 15 to 20 feet high above the roof of the upper most section. Very strange. I wonder if that will be needed to keep the expansion aspect into the design?

That wall is actually a narrow connected building that houses the elevators and I assume parts of rooms on various floors and backs to the suites and pressbox, etc all the way to the ground. There was another rendering showing the front of the stadium up on the podium at the ceremony but was not in the brochure. I remember because from ground level the white exterior facade looks low due to the stadium being sunken. From the other renderings you can see the sides of this structure.

Edited by NT80

I won't ever complain that these drawings exist because that means that we're just getting closer and closer to playing somewhere other than Fouts. However, the more I look at this thing, the uglier it looks to me. Maybe it's just the quality of the sketch, but the other rendering was so much better. There is just too much quirky stuff going on here.

I think it's just the quality of the sketch. There are some things that are just not detailed enough for me.

I received my brochure and must say it is top notch. Did anyone notice the limited parking around the stadium? Surely we'll have more parking than that.

In the presentation Sat., Dr. B mentioned they were talking w/ TX DOT to build a pedestrian bridge over 35 from the fouts lots.

One good thing about Fouts is that we can tailgate right outside the stadium. Looks like with the new stadium we will be like the most of the college football world and have a long hike from the tailgate areas to our seats in the stadium. Oh well, that is a small sacrifice. And a good opportunity to walk off the beer and bbq.