Possible Nt All Conference Selections?

GrandGreen

NT had two players selected to the pre-season all conference team. White on the first team and Dennis on the second. It would be a stretch for either to actually make the first or second team this year. In fact it is possible that NT will be shut out in the selections. NT is simply too balanced a team for any individual to get a lot of accolades. I think NT best changes are Tremiel and a late charging McCoy. Tremiel though is going through a injury driven mini slump now and that may hurt him, I don't think he will be first team but he should be a second team selection. He should also be a strong candidate for newcomer of the year. McCoy not starting and being a late sensation will probably eliminate him from consideration although he may be the best player in the league at this time.

While great teams have all conference players with less than glowing stats, it is not the norm for 4th seeds and lower.

Obviously, NT best chance is on the woman's side with Amber Jackson. Although, with the teams poor record, she may not get the first team honors she probably deserves.

Definitely Tramiel as first or second team. Of course it all depends on how the tourney goes, but I would think that TT and possibly Johnson would get a look at some honor. Do we even have a 6th man award in The Belt? If we do, McCoy is starting to look good there regardless of his cumulative minutes.

Saw UALR sportswriter (he has official vote) picks and he didn't select any NT men players in the top fifteen in the conference. Hard to imagine that the number 4 seed does not have one player selected in the top 15. Hope NT shows him the error in his judgment in the tournament.

I just worked up a three team all conference and I stuck Tramiel on the third team...I find it hard to believe that he won't get there...he's 18th in scoring (only counting players who have played 20+ games) and tied for 3rd in rebounding.

If it came from UALR writer, perhaps he left off Tramiel to get Shane Edwards, one of his guys on.

Definitely Tramiel as first or second team. Of course it all depends on how the tourney goes, but I would think that TT and possibly Johnson would get a look at some honor. Do we even have a 6th man award in The Belt? If we do, McCoy is starting to look good there regardless of his cumulative minutes.

I would put Tramiel on second and McCoy on third team. Most sportwriters and/or coaches voting are only going to base their selections on statistics and how the players did against their teams. Players like McCoy and Tramiel to some extent that came on late are going to be at a big disadvantage. The all conference team has already been voted on and will be released before the tournament. A more important honor would be to have players on the all tournament team which would mean that the team did well and if you have more than one it means that the team probably won.

Sorry guys, but those are homer eyes. My really quick prediction:

First - Yates (MTSU), Dykes (UNO), Graham (FAU), Slaughter (WKU), Rohnert (UD)

Second - Hazzard (Troy), Tilford (USA), B. Davis (USA), Mendez-Valdez (WKU), Vogler (Troy)

Third - Delk (Troy), Boone (ASU), Pettigrew (WKU), Worley (UNO), Tramiel (UNT)

And thats leaving off anyone from the second place team, ULL's Gradnigo and Bureau and FIU's Alex Galindo who I don't think played enough games.

Sorry guys, but those are homer eyes. My really quick prediction:

First - Yates (MTSU), Dykes (UNO), Graham (FAU), Slaughter (WKU), Rohnert (UD)

Second - Hazzard (Troy), Tilford (USA), B. Davis (USA), Mendez-Valdez (WKU), Vogler (Troy)

Third - Delk (Troy), Boone (ASU), Pettigrew (WKU), Worley (UNO), Tramiel (UNT)

And thats leaving off anyone from the second place team, ULL's Gradnigo and Bureau and FIU's Alex Galindo who I don't think played enough games.

Another star who won't make it because he played only 10 games is Carlos Monroe, who we will see Wednesday.