2009 Nfl Combine Invitees

NT03

ANDNOFITZ

I didn't expect him to be All American , I didn't expect him to be in the Senior Bowl , but not to be invited to the NFL combine ???

Even SFA,Abilene Christian & McNesse State had WR representin'

Also not selected in the Texas vs the Nation All Star game that was played today.

Edited by NT03

Guest GrayEagleOne

That puts into perspective the kind of talent UNT has had at WR the past two seasons. Fitz does not have NFL speed.

BUT i do believe he is a sleeper. Work ethic is tremendous and great team player.

How would they know if they don't test him? I don't know that he's ever been tested; I can't recall a posted 40 time for him. With his record and national standing in a couple of categories, he at least deserves an invite. Guess what? Not every invite will be drafted.

Maybe he's not fast but I also can't recall his being caught from behind (not saying it didn't happen only that I don't remember). I don't recall Quinn getting invited last year and he is fast. I'm sure that it's a conspiracy caused by SMU, Brett Vito and the recruiting system (since he didn't make anyone's list).

Edited by GrayEagleOne

I can remember when I had family connections with the Cowboys, and certain quality players would be "hidden" to be drafted in later rounds. I knew the scout and he explained that some deals get put together when the players are just juniors and, well, have things changed so much since then? {:-) I recall one player who was advised to attend New Mexico U. and was told the Cowboys would draft him. Remember the name?

:unsure:

That puts into perspective the kind of talent UNT has had at WR the past two seasons.

One of the comments from our new WR recruits said that he was looking forward to playing here because Dodge told him he could walk right in and start all four years - that tells you how limited we are still at that position.

One of the comments from our new WR recruits said that he was looking forward to playing here because Dodge told him he could walk right in and start all four years - that tells you how limited we are still at that position.

Then he'd had better work his ASS off in the off season. You have to be one helluva player to come in and start at the Div. 1 level, yes I know NT hasn' played like a D1 team the past two years. Not saying he can't do it, but he's going to have to work his tail off, if wants to be successful.

Edited by GreenBat

Then he'd had better work his ASS off in the off season. You have to be one helluva player to come in and start at the Div. 1 level, yes I know NT hasn' played like a D1 team the past two years. Not saying he can't do it, but he's going to have to work his tail off, if wants to be successful.

Apparently we are going to have more than just a WR doing that (if he does) since we will basically have a QB doing the same.

I will have to find the article and quote.

My money's on Mayberry. With his athletic ability. He has Superstar written all over him. But I don't know if he has the work ethic, I hope he does.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Here was Dodge's response to a similar question. The coaches tell every player that they recruit that they can play right away if they can win the job. No one is told that they will be redshirted. The reason is that if a recruit is told that he will be redshirted then he won't work or train hard since he knows that he doesn't have a chance his first year. Redshirts aren't really decided until the season is half over.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Who will lead us in receptions for 09 ????

I smell a poll coming on

You really need to wait until we see if Stradford will be eligible next season. If he is then I don't think that we'll need a poll.

Here was Dodge's response to a similar question. The coaches tell every player that they recruit that they can play right away if they can win the job. No one is told that they will be redshirted. The reason is that if a recruit is told that he will be redshirted then he won't work or train hard since he knows that he doesn't have a chance his first year. Redshirts aren't really decided until the season is half over.

I think what Coach Dodge said was you can decide to redshirt all the way through half of the season (I really didn't understand that so I may have heard it wrong) but most redshirts are decided in late August. You may have to pull a redshirt halfway through the season due to replacing an injured player.

You really need to wait until we see if Stradford will be eligible next season. If he is then I don't think that we'll need a poll.

I already thought he was not going to be eligible.... when will this be confirmed ?? Has UNT filed any kind of paperwork with the NCAA ???